Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Fishing Report Clubs - LIMITED MEMBERSHIP - Join Today - FREE   01/24/2018

Fishing Minnesota had added a new menu item (see above) called Fishing Report Clubs. It's a way to keep the really good fishing reports coming and being shared only with those who also provide detailed fishing reports. We will only approve new members who request to join if they have already posted a recent fishing report in the area forum, associated with the Fishing Report Club area  you want to join. We are going to limit the number of regular memberships, in the Fishing Report Clubs, to the top 20  members in each Club, to those with the best frequency and quality fishing reports provided in the club and less so in the regular fishing report forum open to all members. The higher quality fishing report reserved for the club of course. If  you want fishing reports  around your area, I would Join Now, some of the clubs are starting to fill fast. Use the Fishing Reports Club link in the Menu above (after you've posted a fishing report in the regular area forum) and request to Join.
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Carp-fisher

Questions about "the run"....

Carp-fisher

Hi all,

My brother and I may be in the Silver Bay area this coming weekend, 9-16 and 9-17. We're in desperate need of information, so any input would be greatly appreciated. A few questions;

1. Are the pinks and cohos running this week, say in the Baptism River on north?

2. We have been known to carry float tubes onto remote lakes for some good catch and release fishing. Are there any decent (any species) opportunities in the area?

Thanks greatly,

Ben

Surface Tension

Leap frog your way up the North Shore checking the rivers.

Start at the mouths and work to the first barriers. Sucker, Knife, Stewart, Split Rock, Baptism, Cross and Poplar.

Bean and Bear out of Silver Bay are inland trout lakes, check the regs out first.

Quickstrike

most rivers aren't even reaching the lake they are so low right now. crazy.gif

Carp-fisher

Quote:

Leap frog your way up the North Shore checking the rivers.

Start at the mouths and work to the first barriers. Sucker, Knife, Stewart, Split Rock, Baptism, Cross and Poplar.

Bean and Bear out of Silver Bay are inland trout lakes, check the regs out first.

Thanks for the input. As a rule of thumb, when do the salmon run? Also, do steelhead make a fall run?

Thanks,

Ben

Northlander

Pray for rain or you will be casting spoons on the shore for loopers/lakers/salmon.

!wall-i-king

The steelhead really don't make much of a fall run. You will catch some but really the main, and in my opinion most fun time to fish the north shore, is in the spring. Another river to look at for salmon is the cascade although from the sounds of it all the rivers are pretty crappy right now. It has been a tough summer on all the fish after that smolt kill and then the water isn't rising. Lets hope for some rain.

matthothand

The fish are ready they are there it's just a matter of them getting into the rivers for the mostpart. As for the general rule of thumb...rain is good, lack of rain is no good. Right now is not so good. Should get rain this weekend hopefully enough to flip the switch. You might be in luck if we get enough and just leap frog as stated above and you will find fish. Good luck!