• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Here you go Extreme,Big boy was out sat evening

tjm

Think i need to invest in a camera that can reach out and grab some looks.Those long range camera shots only work when you shoot the deer to show the antlers better.

shooterbuck.jpg

I'll show ya a few others i got when you arrive.This is the only pic that turned out of him and it realy did'nt turn out but atleast the frame is half way visible.Well into the mid 200 class.Never seen 1 this size to compare it and he never stood still long enough to take a good solid guess

This is the 1 on Friday afternoon (It has Robs name)all over it.Same field but about 500 yards away from where big boys been in/out.8 pointer with 21-22" inside spread guessing a 145-150 class buck

shooterbuck2.jpg

I see no comments - I must not be the only jealous one! Hope for a better pic, like a close up one with you holding up his rack wink.gif

Do you mean typical or non-typical when you say well into the mid 200 class? World record typical is 213. Looks like a heck of a deer. wink.gif

tjm, if there is any chance that you will be opening an outfitter, let me know i will pay lots to have that property that you have!!! smile.gif

West; it is a non-typical. I was told that it had around 19 points on the one side....wow. Anyway, hopefully I will get a chance to see that big boy this weekend. Good luck to everyone out there...and use your safety strap!!

Sorry rooster

I already asked the farmer if i could maybe do some deer hunts off his land and he flat out said NO he does'nt want any hassles.I even told him he could make some good money and he just shook his head and walked away.So i left it at that and will never ask again

All i can say is that when your driving any place where you can hunt dont look forward look out the side windows you'll be surprised whats actualy out and about in areas that dont appear that good.This morning i saw several bucks 125 class in the middle of know where.You can bet next year i'll be looking to see if any of these survived the season.I also spotted a 150-155 class buck i got permission for he also was next to a 1/2 acre woods 20 miles from the next woods all beans and corn fields around him.

Just so happen to be this woods had plenty of oaks.I just spotted this deer driving down the highway looking out my side window

Quote:

let me know i will pay lots to have that property that you have!!!

This is what hunting is coming to! Why go out and scout and put in all the hard work to earn a nice deer when you can sit on the internet and buy one. The more posts I see like this, the more I want to give up hunting. I do not want to be grouped with these people. Just my .02

Mark

hunt23fish

Sorry you feel that way.Maybe that buck is only a 115 class buck.All i hope for is someone shoots that deer while he's in his prime.I hope it's someone in are party though.If not i just think it needs to be shown off 1 way or another.Not many deer around like this that i know of.

Good luck this season and have a safe happy hunting season

I was just kidding, if you look at what tjm shot last year and what he has growing this year you would understand why i was having fun. seems hard to have fun on any forums these days without someone jumping down your throat.

I don't think I jumped down your throat. I was just giving my opinion(Just my .02). Most people will type just kidding after their remark when they are kidding. This may help in the future, so people don't misunderstand you. I do not come on here to stir people up!! I do not know you, but when you make a comment like you did I am going to voice my opinion. Nothing makes me more upset than hearing someone buy their way to a big buck and then call themselves a hunter. JUST MY .02!!! Amen

The internet brings out the worst in people. People say things with their fingers that they would never think of with their mouth.

If those pictures were shown to each one of us individually, the comments about authenticity or the comment about the "degradation of hunting as we know it" would never happen.

That's a huge buck. If I had the means, I would pay to shoot it. I don't so I won't. I also don't have the time to scout one either. I hunt maybe 4 days a year. I don't scout preseason. I go out and put up my stand in basically the same place every year. It is all perspective. I don't need to shoot a big buck to feel good about myself.

I am just happy seeing deer.

There are more important things in life than heads on the wall. Some people just need to think about that for a little while.

More importantly,,,, where is the update from tjm and extreme???????????? grin.gif

Quote:

More importantly,,,, where is the update from tjm and extreme????????????
grin.gif

Yeah, I didn't read about them in the papers or the internet yet. grin.gif

I'll update before extreme and his buddy get home from the 5 or 6 hour drive they had to come hunt

Sat morning got up at 3:45am on stands about an hour later.Just as it was breaking daylight started to down poor.That lasted prety much all day.

Sat evening we got to sit in the drizzle with the wrong winds to get to where big boy was but i had Extremes friend on the big 8 pointer he never saw that buck.We put are bows in the machineshop just at dark and shined the field he was hunting next too and there were several groups of deer.3 bucks in 1 group.2 nice 160 class frames 1 being an 8 the other being a 10.Neither 1 had much for tines but 1 heck of a main frame.Shined the field accross the road and there was the 8 pointer(9) headed to who knows where thats the 1 i have a pic posted of

Sunday morning woke up to 40 mph winds and more rain.We decided not to hunt but to scout.We saw several nice 120-150 class bucks.1 might have been in the 160 class so we shifted stands around since the deer patterns are still changing

Sunday evening i think extreme saw 5 does 0 bucks.His friend was set up on a corn ladder stand about 20 yards off the road between 2 corn fields in hopes 1 of the 3 nice bucks we saw together laying 70 yards off the road bedded down would end up crossing into the hay field. 1 buck came by to small to shoot so he passed at 7 yards.Being there were 3 bucks all laying together we just decided not to make a stalk and possibly get busted by 1 of them before getting a shot off.So those 2 snuck in the corn field with a corn ladder stand with the gusty winds it was no problem to get the stand where it was needing to be.The wrong buck came by is all before it got dark out

The winds were still wrong to hunt big boy so i sat a stand about 100 yards from where he had been feeding on the other side of the creek.1 fawn showed up 5 minutes after i was on stand.It stayed there for an hour feeding .It got down wind of me and started to stomp it's feet for 5 minutes then i decided to end it and made a shot close to it's feet and let it rip.Fawn jumped about 6foot straight in the air and that was that.Now i was back in good shape.About 20 minutes later 2 small shoe boxers walked 13-14 yards from me with about a 115 class buck.Thats all i saw on my stand

We did not hunt this morning as it was raining again

When they arrived on friday we went for a drive to see what was out and about just before dark.We saw 1 nice 140-150 class buck 1 field over from where extreme was hunting and a couple small bucks.2 guys i hunt with saw a 160-170 class buck.We ended up seeing a glimps of that buck sunday morning while scouting and staying dry

Even though the weather was crap we had a great time.I'm prety sure those 2 will be back hunting again some time real soon.Since we had a chance to see a few nice sized bucks and extremes friend enjoyd the corn ladder stand so much.I'll bet as the bucks start to heat up those 2 will be biting the ole finger nails waiting for the call

(Extreme)

I had a great time.Tell your friend as well.Maybe next time you wont bring the rain and 40mph wind with ya.I'm looking forward to the next outing.By the way next time dont bring that crap what taste like mouth wash bring something a lil more tasty

We had a good time as well. The weather was dissappointing. And the beans turning was dissappointing. Neither one we had control over. The bucks in that area are huge and we will be back to try to kill one later in the season...guarantee it. TJM has some stellar land to hunt on, with some giants. Anyway, should have some veni by the end of the week up here...hopefully. I can't believe you think Crown Royal tastes like mouthwash....that is the nector of the gods...it also helps you sleep. Good time....piss poor weather!

Crown is like mouthwash??? "If god made anything smoother he would have saved it for himself"!!

Good stuff guys. I am living vicariously through you until gun season, so keep the updates coming. Heck, make them up if you have to, just keep'em coming.

Quote:

There are more important things in life than heads on the wall. Some people just need to think about that for a little while.

Like what???