• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The goal of the hunt is to significantly thin the herd. Where the hunters live isn't as important as meeting the goal.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SKIPPERS KID

• matthothand

• fishermn

• Northlander

83 walleye, don't even go there. There are a bunch of people from Mn hunting over here in Superior. It dosn't matter where your from. Its about reducing the deer car accidents.

Sounds like the right way to look at the situation. Population control is first and foremost.

I feel the deer flew south i have seen one deer in the last three days? confused.gifconfused.gif where have they gone? well they are not where I am hope the come back?????? shocked.gif.

They are all in the arlington ave zone. Seen 2 really nice bucks and a lot of does up in the old dog training place. One is a good 10 and the other may be a 12 or 13.

Well steve I got all my does just hunting for the right buck the last two days where great. smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Hey steve guess were i'm hunting...arlington. I've got pics of some beauties and there have been some monsters sighted. I've heard through the grapevine that a guy downed a 170" 10 pt on the opposite side of the road from me but his buck was with a bachelor group of five with the smallest being a 140" deer. The third biggest deer was killed in my zone last year but two bigger ones were seen just out of range. I like this city hunt. cool.gif One more doe to go and then one of the big boys.

I heard that there was a monster 16 pointer hanging out over by the K-9 thing also. Young guy stopped by the shop with a really nice 9pter from the city hunt yesterday.

The 10 is all over the place lately. Or there is more than 1 nice 10 but Im sure its 1 deer.

The big one I usually only see every once on a while and usually standing very close to or in some cover. For sure a buck of a lifetime. I think it may even have a drop.

Before all the construction on the dang 911 building we had nice deer all over because we had a lot of nice wood and gardens. Now all we see in our work yard is little does.

Here's pics of the two 'shooters' I've got with the trail cam. I guess someone across arlington from me shot a 170+ 13 pointer. There's more where he came from though.

mattbuck10ptjm7.jpg

mattbuck8ptzl7.jpg

This last one is a pic of a buck from the St. Scholastica area.

lillobuckduluthgw1.jpg

Matt I would let them both walk that is just me? laugh.gif But you shoot what makes you happy and good hunting and good luck smile.gifsmile.gif.

Let them walk? Thats just more venison for Cheffrey's wild game feed this weekend at the Grand Superior Lodge.

Who all is going? Its this Sat. at 6pm. Im headed up so if people are interested Ill get a FM table set up. There will be a film crew there so wear your FM gear. wink.gif A little free publicity never hurts. I hope to see many Fmers there. Its good stuff and South Shore Brew as well! tongue.gif

As far as the deer go there are some HUGE bucks up where your hunting MATT. Good luck on a trophy. If ya get that big 15-16 up there make sure ya get good pics.

I'm hunting between central entrance and trinity along arlington road. My buddy's lady friend killed a nice 8 pointer tonight. This is her first year bowhunting and her first buck down. She might even be so lucky as to have an article in outdoor life (I think). I went home and they were off for a photo shoot. Tom let's see some pics of your 'shooters' tongue.gif

Who can hook me up with some FM decals for my truck?

Matt, glad to here she got that one. I look foward to seeing the pictures tomorrow at work.

Sounds like someone is hoping on hunting that zone next year blush.gif

Matt I can not show you the photos till they Die or every one will be in there next year? I will post after the boy dies. shocked.gifsmile.gifcool.gif.

You mean after I post the pictures of him grin.gifgrin.gif

I think I am hunting just up the hill from you, where that big boy hangs out during the daylight hours... grin.gif Saw him sat. a.m. but unfortunately I wasnt in my stand yet crazy.gif

I past on him Tuesday he was under a apple tree and I walked right up to him at 20 yards and drew my bow back and It just was not right. I like the hunt and that was not the hunt so I let him walk and pasted on a big ten point in my stand there are a lot of nice bucks well good luck on your hunt I have all my does so I am waiting for the big guy-?? Hope I get the shot shocked.gif.

Tom that's good you passed up the ground shot. It's tough to do but it's right (for those who don't know all shots fired must be from 12 feet or higher off the ground within city limits). I'm hoping for bigger...alot bigger and I know they're there but if one of those two walks by they are doomed. I think it'd be neat too since I have a pic of each while alive and that'd look nice in a frame by the shoulder mount. I'll get a big boy and so will you. How big can we go though before it's all done? I don't want to eat my buck tag. You should bring a digital camera with and turn off the flash and sound and try to get some pics.

Here's one that turned out dark even though I used the flash. It was still plenty light to legally shoot if I had wanted to just didn't turn out. You can kinda make out his rack though. Just a little guy.

s5030663kx4.jpg

LIKE I SAID I WILL WHEN I GET THE BIG BOY?? I HAVE TO TAKE CARE OF ONE PROBLEM FIRST GOOD HUNTING??? confused.gif

Matt we are going to tape the hunt tonight hope the big guy in not shy? Will let you see what is out there after tonight.

We got some good video tonight but now luck on the big boy? well hope we get him in the next week off to WI, to kill a doe I will like that better there than hear in MN, I like there laws better than we have and I will spend the money for them than us here in MN, good luck to all smirk.gifsmirk.gifsmirk.gif.

Tom, I need a duck hunting partner Thursday can you go? You taking the Wi. deer with a bow?

Well I am going duck hunting for the first time this year thanks randy for the invite I can't wait hope there is duck's flying? shocked.gif The deer can wait need a duck for the grill cool.gifsmile.gif. see ya in the am and thanks again.

Thanks ripstick you now with randy the wind will blow so we will need it thanks. shocked.gif I pray for good wether smirk.gif. I pray for DUCKS TOOOO. cool.gif.