Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .

matthothand

Anyone else doing the city bowhunt for Duluth? I'm seeing lots of deer and some big bucks. The stand is hung and I'm pumped for saturday.

SKIPPERS KID

Matt

I am pumped as well I found some one hung a stand 15 yards from me and I am on private land? I know there is two of us in there so some one is where they are not and they are feeding deer. Well just the same there is a lot of deer and shoot strait matt good luck to all that are hunting the fish will love this time.

TomBow

This will be my first full bow-season living in Duluth after missing almost all of last year getting ready to move. The scouting is done, one stand is up and a few other spots in the Duluth city hunting area are marked on the GPS. Hopefully a few deer are left by next Monday afternoon which is going to be my first time on stand for the season. Here's hoping everyone has a safe and successful hunt this weekend. SHOOT THOSE DOES!! Can't wait for the first meal of fresh venison. 'sgonna be GOOD!

cranken21

I also will be ready for the big hunt. The stand is up and and there is a monster that i have seen twice. So hopefully a doe in the A.M, and the big boy in the evening. Good luck to everyone, and be safe.

WB make the CUT

Nice to see you guys ready, Tom

I did not see your name on the land owner sheet today, so you should get that in, as fas as your problem, on Tuesday

The ABA, City police,DNR and CO's will meet to discuss proper protocall, with so many invloved agencies we need to have a detailed plan.

So my guess is you have a tresspasser this may be handled by the land owner calling city police, probabaly the same for the feed and if there is someone sitting in the stand we may have the CO's look into it.

So keep in touch we'll get it fixed before the hunt!

wazzbow

SKIPPERS KID

Its there kim gerard was sending mine in I got him in there as well if it is not well I will call him in the am. thanks for the update hope your hunt is good and have fun. smirk.gif.

fishermn

Hey guys, I will be out ther too, in Zn 6. Hope the weather for this weekend is a little better than what they are predicting as of now, but either way it will be a blast!

Everyone be safe out there and remember to shoot those does!

matthothand

Good to see others from the site geared up for the city hunt. I'm so ready for this season. I've got all sorts of spots to relocate if I need to but for now I have all the does I can stand coming right through my lanes and there's so many bucks it's unreal. A few in the 130's to 150's that have caught my eye but I know there's bigger...way bigger. I've captured many pictures of people on my trail cam along with the deer and i'm thankful none of them came back with a saw or bolt cutters to steal it. Guys, I definately have the fever.

Capt.Blaine

Matt or Tom any luck yet?

SKIPPERS KID

Blaine If the weather would cooperate I would be out more this wind is hard moving you back and fourth we it makes me sick. well I will be out more this week I have seen a lot of deer and a lot of nice bucks and way more fawns well I will have to do what they would like shoot it will happen soon? confused.gif.

outdoor ran

I got to see the huge buck that was shot this weekend in the city. What a awesome rack, wow shocked.gif. A friend of mine is going to mount it.

Tom, any luck on finding the tresspasser/baiter?

SKIPPERS KID

Yes he is gone well this is a great hunt I have seen lot's of big bucks. I hope to see the big boy again?

Down Deep

I just sold my fish house to a guy who got a 230# eight pointer on Sun. Saw the deer on the news, it looked like a long horned steer.

Steve Foss

Yep, they get pretty fat eating all those garden flowers and vegetables. grin.gif

matthothand

Someone got a monster eh? Where might I find pics of this deer? We've got a few deer but this weather is really hurting the deer movement I think. The cold is nice but the rain and wind can head out soon. If anyone starts getting some bucks maybe post the pics here?

Surface Tension

SKIPPERS KID, did you get your Raindeer. Get it Rain Deer. ahhh, yuk, yuk, yuk. grin.gif

SKIPPERS KID

Ya frank I got rain gear not raindeer this wether is for the ducks looks like i will be on the river in the am. hunting those ducks. smile.gif.

ripstick

QUACK QUACK tongue.gif good luck

Northlander

Just make sure your off the water and out of my way by 4pm. I dont need any lead/steel in my boat! grin.gif

SKIPPERS KID

Just make sure you have your orange hat on so we see you? confused.gif I hope you have good fishing and I know you will not be close to us good luck fishing smile.gif.

Northlander

As usual if Im close to you Im not catching fish so I will stay far far away! grin.gif

And yes there is a very good chance Ill have my orange hat on. I may have to retire that thing by spring. Way to many people know to look for the Lund with a big ugly guy with a orange hat on. crazy.gif

I just hope those eyes are where I left them last time out. Im sure this weather will have me searching for a bit though.

SKIPPERS KID

Steve no luck on deer but I have a bear and cub's every time out she has to leave soon really to much for me. I must move to new spot just like fishing? With bear's no deer well I will move new location? well we will see what happiness'. cool.gif..

matthothand

I just developed some trail cam pics and on the 12 pictures that were developed there were 6 different P&Y bucks. The two shooters arean 8 that probably goes 150+ and a 10 that is also in the 150's. The 8 has it all though...mass, main beams, height, spread...everything is huge. 150 is being conservative. I've got two deer tagged so far and we've gone 16 for 6 guys. It's time for the bucks...too bad every pic is at night. Tom, sorry I couldn't get to the phone the other night. It was in my truck as we were cutting up meat. Hope things worked out for ya and fishing was good as well.

matthothand

Just got number three tonight..maybe. confused.gif Shot looked high and blood got thin so we're heading out in the morning to recover her. We didn't jump her so it should work out.

SKIPPERS KID

Matt If you need help call I will be there confused.gif..