Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RandyR

I just couldn't stand it anymore!

2 posts in this topic

I haven't been able (or willing) to get on the river this season due to low water levels, but with the recent rains the water level is up a bit so I decided to give it a try this morning.

After a $600 lower unit repair bill last year from running into a rock I didn't know about I have been reluctant to tempt fate this year with the water level running at least three feet lower than normal.

Glad I went, no rocks (I went real slow!) and some nice smallies. Once I figured out the pattern this morning I found them to be aggressive and mostly nice in size, 15 - 18 inches with a few youngsters scattered in the mix.

I relied mostly on the electric bow mount and used the outboard sparingly. I was not able to get to some of my favorite spots, I chickened out when the Lowrance was reading 1.5 feet of water. If I had someone with me I would have poled through that shallow stretch because deeper water and good fishing spots were beyond, but overall it was a very good morning. Wish I had a jetboat!

Fished with tubes, and they definitely preferred dark green today.

Sounds like agreat day! I'm stuck in Missouri for another week, Then I'm nArth bound to God's country & my fav river!@!