• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Report September 8,9

Fished out of the Rainy River on Friday and Saturday. On Friday we actually caught more fish with the live bait than we did off of the riggers. I didn't get out to the best spots to rig that day though. We seemed to do best live baiting off of Pine Island in about 20 to 22 feet of water. Nothing big though. Just small stuff every so often. Downrigged later in the afternoon but only picked up one in about 26 feet of water.

Fished the 12 footer rock pile and marked quite a few fish on Saturday when it was beautiful. Picked up a couple of fish but weren't slaying them. We then went out into the pack of boat about a mile west of that reef and downrigged in 32 feet of water. It was pretty steady and we wound up limiting out. I personally did the best on clown Shad Rap in the #5 size. Picked up a couple fish on Baby Bass #5, and the blue and gold Yozuri Shallow diver(Nothing big just throw backs. I took this one off to replace with clown) Wound up releasing that day a 23, 24, and a 24 1/2.

Sunday would have been beautiful on the water but we loaded up early and headed for home since we we're limited out on Walleye.

Ryan