Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Captain B.R.K

Only 7 More Days

8 posts in this topic

Come Thursday and Friday evenings, I'll be working on making sure my checklist is complete.

Bow and Arrows w/broadheads......check, check. Boots....check. Camo clothing outfit.....check. Bino's......check. Gloves and face mask....check,check. Cover scent.....check. I'll make sure I'm ready for this years opener!

I'm not sure what most of you will be doing, but I know I'll be waking up at 5:30am Saturday and will be working on my way to "the walk"!

Hope you all have been practicing and are ready for bow opener come Saturday!

Maybe I missed something, but I thought bow season opened Saturday? Anyone headed out to the woods? I'm thinking there will be more people in their tree stands then me. I'll be pretty lonely come Saturday wink.gif

I believe my game plan is to sit in the woods, off a been field and wait for them to travel through on a pretty well worn trail. What's your game plan come Saturday?

Wishing yout he best of luck this season!

Naw...You'll be the only one out there on Saturday. wink.gif

I don't bowhunt anymore. Just too many things on my plate that time of year.

Good Luck though to everyone who gets out! laugh.gif

Talk about crummy weather over the weekend or shall I say this last week. I woke up 4:00am Saturday morning already to roll. I didn't sleep all night anticipating a nice morning sitting in the stand. I got up and went to a weather page on the net, opened the blinds and went back to bed. mad.gif The wind was howling and it was raining pretty good so I decided to stay home.

I have a buddy coming up this weekend and we'll be in the woods. So I'm looking forward to my season opener smirk.gif

How have you been doing?!

Brk- I was up on my 40 up N last weekend and I will admit it was nasty weather but being in the woods made up for it. I hunted sat morning and evening and I had a good hunt. I drew on a nice velvet buck on Sat evening but he busted me so the opprtunity failed. I also had a doe at 30 yds but passed the shot to enjoy watching her feed for 15 minutes. looking forward to the weekend to hit it again. Alot of deer hitting our foodplots locally so it should be good!!! grin.gifgrin.gif

I FINALLY got out in the woods this weekend. Woke up early morning and was in the stand by 6:15pm. Just as the sun was coming up, yet dark in the woods, I saw a shadow come down the trail. The deer stood in front of me, 10 yd shot easily, but I couldn't make out what it was. It meandered along and didn't see it until later- far behind me and clearly out of shooting range. Around 8:00am saw a couple of smaller deer come down the path- doe and a button buck. Sure is fun to watch em' hang out below ya, I let em' pass. I tried another stand tonight and didn't see anything.

I'm only buck hunting right now, but come later in the season I will take a doe if the opportunity presents it self.

Glad to see some decent weather come our way, however midweek to Saturday they are predicting rain mad.gif

Missed a doe on tuesday frown.gif, I was glad to find out it was a clean miss, thanks to the fence post. Seen some does and fawns moving around in the mornings but yet to see any bucks. I love this time of year. Good luck fellas!

Got out again in the woods Sunday evening. What a gorgeous evening to be out. I can't say the same for the lady bugs and box elder bugs- just a terrible mess they were mad.gif

Got up in the stand around 5ish and stayed out until dark. Had 3 deer (couldn't tell what they were because of distance) come down the trail I had walked in on and then they stopped. Hot foot right out of the area and that was the last thing I saw. That's hunting I guess.

How are you guys doing in the area?