• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Favre

lawdog

170 yards, NO TD's and 2 int's. Look's like he's picking up right where he left off last year.

Gosh I'm glad he came back!!!! laugh.giflaugh.gif

The anounces might have been wrong but I heard it was the first time favre has been shut out. I never thought I'd say this but I ALMOST feel sorry for packer fans. It's going to be a long year for them. Oh well should be 2 more wins for the queens.

I've always disliked the Packers as well and this will sound just as bad... I do feel bad for them, this has to be up there with all of the bad teams they fielded throughout the 70's and 80's. Tell me they couldn't use Sharper in that secondary... tongue.gif

Yeah, its not even hard or fun to tease the cheeseheads. Its gonna be another year of:

"Yeah, well how many rings do the Vikes have."

or

"Well, if the Vikes don't win the Superbowl, whats the difference?"

I also feel bad for them cheeseheads, they will have to resort to the same old lame comebacks they always use.

Couldn't have said it better mysef! It would just be nice to hear them say how bad they are again and admit it will be like the twenty plus years during the 70's, 80's and early nineties when they were the bottom feeders.

Chester Marcol

John Brockington

Thanks for all the sympathy guys. By the way you will not get a Super Bowl Trump card played by me. Got a chance to watch the game off and on a bit, and finally ended up turnin it off to get other stuff done after the 1st interception. Overall they just looked poor everywhere; running game, passing game, defense, special teams, they all just sucked. They were lucky to only lose 26-0. Looked through the play-by-play on NFL.com this morning and don't understand why after the second or even first Favre interception Rogers wasn't into the game. Did they just not want to expose him to the Bears, cause these are the perfect opportunities for them to use to get him into the game.

Hey Buzz,

what you sayin' 'bout 20yrs +? I'm new to this Pack/Vikes rivalry being from Chi-town and all, but here all I gotta do is say GB 3 rings vs CB's 1 ring. Is that what you mean?

But I will step up with Andy on this....GB will be bad all yr. Now, was Gato a flash in the pan or what?

DTE,

I watched it all and it was brutal. No coverage, no rush, no running game, one of the most prolific passers of all time and hardly any passes --- P..THETIC!

From the 2nd Bear drive when the Pack int in the end zone I thought they might do something, but when they lost a few inches when it was 4th and inches, I threw in the towel for hopes of any upset.

I don't think they are gonna bench Favre at home unless they can play the injury card.

Quote:

Hey Buzz,

what you sayin' 'bout 20yrs +? I'm new to this Pack/Vikes rivalry being from Chi-town and all, but here all I gotta do is say GB 3 rings vs CB's 1 ring. Is that what you mean?

Ummm, Geno/grasshopper, you must read the entire sentence... it was during a time period that I mentioned, the Packers fans have blocked this from their memory and I'm hear to remind them that they are back in those days.... get it my Cubbie lovin' friend?

Quote:

it will be like the twenty plus years during the 70's, 80's and early nineties when they were the bottom feeders.

Geno,

I don't have the 70's down due to age, but I think what Buzz is referring to are the days when the Packers had quarterbacks by the names of Lynn Dicky, David Whitehurst, Randy Wright, Rich Campbell and coaches like Starr, Gregg and Infante. Pretty much the whole Pre-Ron Wolf era.

So nobody had mentioned what I noticed while watching the end of the Bears/Packers blowout.... Brett favre left the field before the game was over - down the tunnel and didn't shake anybodys hands!! here's an article I read on ESPN that talks about the lil lady and the double standards.

Reader Kyle Kirchhevel of Jacksonville adds, "Brett Favre walked off Lambeau Field and up the tunnel before the game was over because his poor little ego couldn't handle shaking hands with the Bears who shut him out. When Randy Moss walked off a moment early in 2004 at Washington, he got incinerated by the sports press. Why is it OK for Favre to do what was wrong for Moss to do?" I did not see the ending of Packers-Bears -- it's hard to believe anyone but immediate family members was watching -- but if Favre did indeed walk off early to avoid shaking hands, he deserves a round of criticism. Favre is a first-ballot Hall of Famer, but he has been flattered too much by the sports media. Hard as it might seem for him to believe, the Packers' season is not about him personally.

Wonder what the cheeseheads have to say about their hero/god now? I'm certain there are some great excuses, lets hear them.

Of course he can leave early, he's Brett Favre. Brett Favre can do what ever he likes because he's Brett Favre and he's good and he's been with the pack forever and his wife had cancer and he gave money to katrina victims and most important, he's Brett Favre.

He has to go to the locker room early so he can get John Maddens head outta his butt before the rest of the fellers arrive.

Oh and a few more recent classic Favre quotes:

Maybe we just ain't very good," Favre said on Sunday night. "I don't know."

Favre, who spent months deliberating his football future before deciding to return to the Packers, isn't publicly questioning that decision.

But after being shut out for the first time in his 16-year NFL career, he knows a quick turnaround might not be possible.

"We've got a lot of football left that could be good or bad," Favre said. "So depending on how we play or how we handle it, I hope we win some ballgames here. I really do. Because it will be a long season. But if not, at least make it fun. Compete at a high level -- make some plays, go down swinging. Because it will be a long year if we don't."

That's a stark contrast to the things Favre said early in training camp, when he asserted that this was the most talented team he had ever played on -- even more talented than the team that won the 1997 Super Bowl.

"I caught a lot of heat for this earlier in training camp, but if you look at some of those guys, we were not overly talented," Favre said. "Now, I say that, and that was a long time ago, and maybe I have been hit in the head too many times."

Leaving BEFORE the game was over?? That is not good!

But not shaking hands I don't care about too much. I know these days all the kids do it after their baseball games, but even most of them are just going through the motions. It would be hard for me to act all cuddly-duddly after just trying to beat the heck out of the competition. I wouldn't expect it from my opponent especially at the pro-level. No need to be arse'oles, but no need to be kissy-face either. I see them all gather round each other at the end of the game and just know they're all out there making fun of the rest of us that are paying their million dollar salaries. I wonder how much prayin' they'd be doin' if they weren't so rich/overpaid --- no I don't, really.

Gotta keep it going!!!! FROM ESPN:

Brett Favre threw two more interceptions in Green Bay's shutout loss yesterday, giving him 257 for his career -- just 20 shy of George Blanda's all-time record. Will ESPN start running a Bonds-esque "Chasing Blanda" scroll at the bottom of the screen as Favre goes after -- and inevitably passes -- this historic mark? I have no idea, although they should. But I'd like to throw a bone to all of the Favre apologists out there. In order to prevent their hero from breaking Blanda's mark, I say Favre's picks no longer be recorded as interceptions. Instead, they shall be called "gunslings." It's simply disrespectful to say: "Brett Favre stinks. He threw five more interceptions last night." To me, this sounds much better: "Did you see Brett Favre throw five gunslings last night? Man, what a gunslinger. He threw them so hard directly into the defenders' hands that he made them bleed. No one throws gunslings like Brett Favre."

We actually have a tracker up at work with a countdown to Favre breaking the INT record. I'm getting nervous though that he might hang it up before it happens.

After watching the Raiders last night I think Pack/Raiders might be a decent game...

Not a good one, but it would just be another record held by a Packer Hall of Famer.

Let me see if I can Windyspin this one: most Int's means he must have played an awful lot of games. Oh yeah, that goes along with Most Consec Starts...., more MVP's than any VikesQB....nyuk nyuk

Honestly, I just came across all this when reading the ESPN web page and I was like..... this man needs to be exposed... where's Jerry Springer or geraldo Rivera when you need him. grin.gif

Yeah Buzz, so long as Madden isn't Editor in Chief, there'll be lots more written about him in his final hurrah.

(Kick 'em when they're down!!)

It's gonna be a long Packer season, so, I guess that means I'll turn into a Vikes rooter now, MAYBE.

Geno,

You can always just root for whoever is playing the Bears to get under Windy's skin a little bit.

Quote:

A visual of the demi-god, the way you will see him alot on his going away ride.

favreonbuttos7.jpg

Or like this....

mm111ze9.jpg

Geno,

A Cubbie fan AND a Cheesehead? Like Marty the blackjack dealer said to Clark Griswold before he started to deal the hands...THIS SHOULD BE SWEET! So, Griswold, I mean Geno, what say you give me half your money we go outside and I kick you in the N*TTS and we call it a day! Classic line from Vegas Vacation, second only to my favorite, Geno. In regards to the Pack against the Bears...Come on Geno, you know what line is coming, from cousin Eddie...I AIN'T SEEN A BEATIN' LIKE THAT SINCE THEY PUT A BANANA DOWN MY PANTS AND TURNED A MONKEY LOOSE! Bear down, Chicago Bears.......

I'm like a bad penny Geno, you can't get rid of me no matter which thread you run to (just kidding) Giving you a little of the ole Eddie Haskell there.

Hey Geno, seriously, did you hear about the furniture store in Plano. The guy had this huge sale the week before the Bears game, he sold over $300,000 in furniture with the kicker that if the Bears shut out the Pack all the stuff bought would be FREE! I guess the guy had insurance on most of the purchases but what a story, huh? Now get off this thread and back to the real thread...BASEBALL! How bout Freddie "Boom Boom" Garcia today. It was the perfect bowl of Cherrie-O's for me today. Sox 9-0, Cubs 0-6, and Twinks 0-1 and Liria-NO, and the Kitties got beat to boot. It don't get much better than this! Windy

Since this is a football thread I will not close with...

YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD....YES! Pretend like you didn't just read that, put it out of your mind.