Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
beer batter

2nd Crow Pleasant Ridge Resort

7 posts in this topic

Going a bit out of my home turf for a weekend to stay at Pleasant Ridge Resort next weekend on 2nd Crow. Any helpful hints? Probably take the kids for panfish, maybe the Dad's can get out for eyes and norts? What part of the lake is the resort located? I just printed off a map.

Thanks for any helpful tips.

I havent heard a lot of good things about 2nd, but 3rd Crow is a short channel. Unless the water is very low, you should be able to get through just fine.

Actually Second Crow Wing is a very good panfish lake. I've fished the Crow Wing chain for over 20 years and stayed at Sunny Point resort for several of them. I always fished it in June and August, however. If you look at a map of Second Crow, there is an underwater point to the southwest of the river inlet. There should be alot of panfish along the drops of this point. The inlet itself is another good place. Third is another good panfish lake with excellent bass and pike with some walleyes. If you want to keep the kids busy, an almost guaranteed strategy is to go over to Fourth and drift across the lake with worms and splitshots or small jigs...find a school, stop and anchor. Good fishin'.

Great info on the fishing, thanks guys.

Anyone have any input on the resort? What part of the lake is it located? How's the accomodations at the resort?

The resort is on the west side of the lake I think. Never stayed there, but fished 2nd, 3rd, and 4th the past several years. Heading up to stay at Crow Crest on teh 23rd for a few days.

I don't target panfish on second, but do fish bass and northern there. Good bass where the Crow River runs into 2nd and where it starts to go to 1st Crow. More weed growth. Always seems to be people fishing and catchings panfish. We ususally target crappie on 3rd. There are 2 "islands" with wild rice growing out of the water in the middle of 3rd. The smaller one we usually catch a fair number of crappie and bluegill fishing small jigs and minnows. Also, good areas for bass and northern. Seems like there is more cover - weeds, pads, wild rice, on 3rd than on 2nd. 4th is full of weeds, but excellent for panfish and northern.

Let me know how you do. A group of 6 or so are coming with me for 3 to 4 days of fishing on 3rd and we will hit 2nd and 4th some.

Very nice area up there, I'll definitely be back again.

Leaves are very nice right now for anyone looking for fall colors. We went from 2nd crow into 3rd under the bridge, and then into 4th for some trolling action. Caught nothing on 4th, not even a bite. Went back to 3rd and managed some nice crappies and sunnies off the smaller wild rice island. Stopped under the bridge for a bit coming out of 3rd and got some perch, bass, sunnies. Went back into 2nd and got a real nice 20 inch large mouth, and then managed a few more norts with the biggest being around 35 inches, along with a few more bass and sunnies. Definitely more action on 2nd than 3rd or 4th, but that may be because we spent more time on that lake, who knows. Resort was very nice too.

The rain came only in the evenings so we were able to do pretty much any outdoor activity we wanted during the day. Bon fire got rained out early, but can't complain about that. Great weekend, thanks for the fishing tips.

maybe i will see you up there, i have a cabin just past the right point comin in to the third. i will be up the 23rd and 24th. good luck.