Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
iffwalleyes

Cooper Discovery STT Tires

7 posts in this topic

Just curious if anyone has a pair of these on their rig. I have BF Goodrich's and love them but these caught my eye the other day. Might just have to switch brands. They are for sure more rugged and a lot more aggresive tread. Wondering if anyone has some or knows someone with them? How are they for wear? Just how bad is the road noise?

The are definately a mud tire rather than an all-around all terrain tire. If your BFG's are AT's then these will be quite a bit different. The rubber compound is softer and will wear faster. Expect around 40-50K miles out of these on a fullsize rig. They will be louder on the road, but not bad. There will be a hum to them but nothing horrible.

Coopers are very good tires. The STT's are their max off-road tire. They will be great in the snow, mud, dirt etc. There is a bit of siping so they will help a bit in wet and icy conditions but don't expect much. These tires also run large compared to most tires in the same sizes. I think thats a good thing. Price is pretty good too.

I use Goodyear MTR's which is a pretty similar design and in the same pperformance category as these and I love them.I think they work great in the weather we have as well as the conditions sportmen find themselves in.

Excellent tires, except for wear. I won't run coopers anymore as my main tires, they just don't last. I do have them on my explorer which I use for fishing/hunting, but no more on my everyday vehicle.

I will probably stick with bf then. I do allot of highway driving. I usually get 60000 out of my bf. That is one thing i liked about the coopers they are cheaper.

Yeah, I think you're better off. I had a couple sets of Coopers and liked them but I got 60,000 miles out of my last set of Michelins and always topped out around 40 with the coopers. I guess that makes em' more expensive in the long run.

Coopers are a softer rubber and won't last as long. You can buy a less aggressive set of Coopers that will last longer, but it depends what you're looking for.

Im running some Toyos on my F-150 and they have been good so far. Ill report back the exacts if anyone cares to check them out.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• I plan on taking all my ice fishing equipment out of my shed this week I cant wait

• fins_n'_feathers

Posted

any  reports from today? we pounded through the washing machine waves all day and got nothing! Lead core,jigging, spinners haha! Ended up getting all our keepers within a mile of home when it was all over! Who else was out there? Am I the only one that did poor today?

• proguide

Posted

Cool nights and only a few warming hours each day have water temps coming down into the 50s this week.  This is actually pretty normal for the last week of September so there is nothing to odd here. 

The catfish have slowed down over the past few days with this cool off.  They are still around to catch.  They are hanging near structure, usually on the drop off to the channel right next to it.  They are also on the softer side of the current in holes.  It seems that longer sit times are in order this week to allow the fish to come out, find and decide to eat the bait.

Sucker seems to be the bait of choice right now.  Frogs just have not been getting any attention.

• leech~~

Posted

26 minutes ago, DANR said:

From the fall Pelican Lakes Association newsletter - DNR Fisheries Update:

You may have heard about the 454 adult cormorantsthat were removed from Gooseberrry Island this May by the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Wildlife Services Unit under a permit from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.  DNR staff looked at the stomach contents of 30 birds. Eleven of those birds had stomach contents including: 38 perch (mostly 4- inchers), 7 spot-tail shiners, 7 bluegills, 6 crappies, 1 rock bass, 1 pike, and zero walleyes.

Thanks for the Update.  Hopefully they shoot 400 more next spring! :):)

• FishinCT

Posted

They were really slow today. I fished hard all day and didn't manage much. Went over tons of fish and they weren't active at all. Should get better as the weekend gets closer...I hope

• gizmoguy

Posted

Go with steel. Contact Isle supply.

• From the fall Pelican Lakes Association newsletter - DNR Fisheries Update:

You may have heard about the 454 adult cormorantsthat were removed from Gooseberrry Island this May by the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Wildlife Services Unit under a permit from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.  DNR staff looked at the stomach contents of 30 birds. Eleven of those birds had stomach contents including: 38 perch (mostly 4- inchers), 7 spot-tail shiners, 7 bluegills, 6 crappies, 1 rock bass, 1 pike, and zero walleyes. 

• Hello Friends:

Looking for some help as I've been up here since yesterday morning and only two 22" walleyes. I've fished fairly hard (5 or 6 hours) and tried all of my normal spots in Frazer/Smarts/Narrows area using all presentations with minnows and crawlers. Would love to have a walleye dinner (couple of 15's) for my black lab and I tomorrow night and any suggestions would be welcomed.

I'm not looking for spots, but general depth and bait.

Thanks guys

Andy

• delcecchi

Posted

It is great.  I don't know if they are still doing grumpy gary chicken this time of year but it is good.  They have specials on various nights, at least in summer.  

• Sculpin

Posted

Dennis Anderson, Outdoor writer for the Minneapolis Tribune had a nice write up on the duck opener at Pelican. In addition there were some locals quoted on duck hunting there. Sounds like the ducks are back, and they have the water levels well under control.

• ZachD
      I plan on taking all my ice fishing equipment out of my shed this week I cant wait
    • fins_n'_feathers
      any  reports from today? we pounded through the washing machine waves all day and got nothing! Lead core,jigging, spinners haha! Ended up getting all our keepers within a mile of home when it was all over! Who else was out there? Am I the only one that did poor today?
    • proguide
      Cool nights and only a few warming hours each day have water temps coming down into the 50s this week.  This is actually pretty normal for the last week of September so there is nothing to odd here. 
        The catfish have slowed down over the past few days with this cool off.  They are still around to catch.  They are hanging near structure, usually on the drop off to the channel right next to it.  They are also on the softer side of the current in holes.  It seems that longer sit times are in order this week to allow the fish to come out, find and decide to eat the bait.
        Sucker seems to be the bait of choice right now.  Frogs just have not been getting any attention.
    • leech~~
      Thanks for the Update.  Hopefully they shoot 400 more next spring!
    • FishinCT
      They were really slow today. I fished hard all day and didn't manage much. Went over tons of fish and they weren't active at all. Should get better as the weekend gets closer...I hope