• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Heading up to Vermilion Bay this next week to fish Clay Lake. Anyone have any tips? I have never fished that fishery, but so any help appreciated. Thanking you all in advance.

You are talking Canada right???

Try posting it in the Canada Forum. I know Clay is part of the Wabigoon River Watershed, so you can expect cloudy water from the..CLAY lol. There should be some nice pike and walleyes, and some large Musky if you can find them. Cant help ya out anymore cause I dont hear any reports about Clay and have never been there myself..

• 2 weeks later...

Just returned from Clay late last night. Spent a week there. First time on the lake.We had great fishing. Lots of 20 plus walleye. Largest 26.5 Met a few others there from Esko. They came when we were leaving. Accomodations very good. Nice dockage, power, landings and protection. Lots of eagles to watch, loads of grouse around and many deer, No wolves though and no moose spotted.. Weather was in the hi 70's to low 80's. Had to hunt for deep water reefs, but once you found the ciscoes, the bite was great. All in all it is a very healthy lake. Gosh I wish we had the forage bases in our local lakes that they have up there. It was a great trip. i recommend it to anyone who loves to fish walleye.

Mike can you send me the info for the place you stayed at? Im looking for a new place in Canada to go to. Dogtooth is getting old and Northern Lights is dead.

My contact info is on the bottom of my posts.