Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FarByondDrivn

Good to be back!

1 post in this topic

Hey guys! It's good to be officially on the site again. I've been away for awhile (about a year). I was on this site formerly as RockBasSlayr. I've been lurking for about the last month and finally had to jump back in. No real point to this post except to say I really lookin forward to talking to you guys in the future.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Cliff Wagenbach
      CigarGuy, We did not venture out very far from the Landing, walking distance only! The ice had about 3" or 4" of soup on top everywhere. We fished in 12' to 14' depth on the first drop off. The kids iced a bunch of small perch jigging with small jigs and wax worms and missed a couple of pike on tip-ups. Fun day for all of us! Cliff
    • Horseshoe_Don
      Ice is very black and honeycombed.   I would say its only safe for walking but if we get a lot of snow it may not be safe period.   I have open water pockets in the ice by my shore.   Open water is not far from becker and the river is opening up north of the access.   Don
    • Fishalittle
      Were you renting from the road operator or a guide using someone else's road? I have heard of having to pay the road pass if the outfitter you work with doesn't have their own road. Cookie mentions it in his updates quite often, since he uses/helps with Hillman's road.
    • Chill62
      Thanks.  We sadly have caught bigger but didn't get them on video.  Average size this trip was around that 18.5-19" mark.  We got really excited because a few of them were 21" and the state record is only 20.5 or 20.75" but the state record had a girth of 6+ inches!  that fish had to be THICK!  Was a ton of fun and I can't wait to get them from the smoker on Friday!
    • Big Kype
      http://files.dnr.state.mn.us/education_safety/safety/boatwater/lakesup_boatingguide.pdf