• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Final Detroit Series

Trainman

Santana was unhittable yesterday. Two hits in 6 and a third with 11K's.

Pretty tough to beat that. Cy-Young all the way. He has dominated in the second half every year and in playoff races.

That series kinda showed the Tig's are reeling while the Twins are surging and might not be able to hold them off for the div. title.

I am pumped. This team is better than the last 3 div. title winners.

Quote:

Now Sled,

I would not call the Sox payroll huge, if that's what you're doing. The Yankees...yes Boston...yes but the Sox...no. I think they are in the middle somewhere in payroll. Compared to the Cubbies, the Sox are a steal this year with number of wins......

It would not surprise me, and I said this about 2 or 3 months ago on another post that the Twinks and Sox both pass up the Kitties at the finish line and leave the Kitties crying in their beer. Windy

Hooooey....looking back, that was a good one Windy.

Yes, the Cubs are a pretty well-paid Last Place team because of Wood and Prior, but the WSox....well they are just an overpaid/lousy THIRD PLACE team.

Quote:

Fishoff with some great info! Sorry Windy, the White Sox have a huge payroll.
confused.gif

No, I guess in spin terms its not huge unless its more than the Yankees or Red Sox.

Buzz,

Since you are going to be my running mate, I figured you better have the correct info. Fishoff was incorrect when he stated that the Sox have the third largest payroll. In fact, they have the fourth largest payroll. The Angels are third, behind the BoSox and Yankees. This is according to USA Today. So the White Sox do not have the largest team salary and they do not have the smallest team salary, I guess that would put them IN THE MIDDLE which is exactly what I said! Remember, I did not have sexual relations with that woman....Monica (you know the line) That's my story and I'm sticking with it. Looks like things should be all beer and skittles up there in the land of 10,000 Lakes eh? Santana is on cruise control, Liriano is coming back Monday and the team is scoring about 9 runs per game avg. I guess everybody is getting in line for playoff tix huh? Looks like the Kitties are hanging on by a thread and Leyland is starting to sweat. Hopefully the Sox can provide enough weight to break that thread (Bobby Jenks should help that situation, with weight, I mean) and we can both pass up the Kitties. Now that would be a huge tank o rama on their part.

Should be interesting, I can't figure out if I am going up the rollercoaster or down, it changes every day. Windy

I can't follow ya Windy. Middle = half more and half less.

3rd or 4th highest, depending on how accurate YOUR source is, is nowhere near MIDDLE. More bafflement by the spinmaster, I say. Very glad to see you poke a little fun at ol' Bobby's size though. If he had blown it again, I wonder though.........

40 saves is impressive for such a young flamethrower and he does not deserve to get booed by the hometeam fans just 'cause he blows one once in awhile.

Windy even if the "SUX" are 4th in payroll...out of 30 teams..that puts them in the 86th percentile, in the majors for payroll. How is that even close to being in the Middle....The "Windy Spin" doesnt change this fact! "You can put THAT on the board...YES!!"

Quote:

Windy even if the "SUX" are 4th in payroll...out of 30 teams..that puts them in the 86th percentile, in the majors for payroll. How is that even close to being in the Middle....The "Windy Spin" doesnt change this fact! "You can put THAT on the board...YES!!"

Pretty simple 2nd grade math really. If you are 4th out of 30 teams, you are at the top, not in the middle. grin.gif

A spade by any other name still scoops up dog crap.

They're highly paid by comparison to the rest of the league.

On opening day, the WSox were tied for last.

Since, they have moved up to 3rd. They musta added some real expensive players to make that big of a move?

Funny,

I don't hear anybody talking about payrolls anymore!

Or Cubbie wins, or Twinkie wins. How about we talk about Freddy "Boom Boom" Garcia's performance today even though he was totally outshadowed by the return (as brief as it was)of the second greatest pitcher ever to rub up a rosin bag.

Windy

Very surprised to see Windy back today-NOT!

Of course he comes back onboard when the WSox win.

"What was Geno thinking?"

Your rollercoaster has not changed to upward yet. Riddle me this o great Carnack Windy: If the Sox win again today and the Twins lose again today, what place will both teams still be in?

PUT THAT IN YOUR PIPE.....YES!

Here's a concept, let's all talk about our FAVORITE team. Mine is the Sox, Buzz is the Twinks, Geno is the, is the, is the ?????

Windy

In the AL it is whoever is playing the WSox!!!!!

And I been talking about them for days on end, not like some others who only seem to visit us certain days.

PUT THAT IN YOUR PIPE....YES!

(ya jus gotta love my version of the Windmaster's trademark don'tcha?)

My favorite NL team is still in last place despite taking the series from the NL West div leaders. Oh well, wait 'till..........

Can't wait to see what Oakland and Detroit can do to the Sox. I'll bet you lose 2 of 3 to Oakland and win 2 of three from Detroit. Just enough for you to stay back from the Twins and knock Detroit into second for us. grin.gif

Willy,

You are just terrible at predicting series outcomes aren't you? Hope you aren't just as bad with Det/ChiW.

I figured the Sox would get at least one. They have historically been terrible out West though.

If they can't beat the Tigers, there are done with. If they can, they might be able to get the WC. I don't know who to root for. I hate the Sox and wouldn't mind seeing them get buried, but I want us to win the division.

Either way, someone has to lose so it can only help us. I think Twins will take 2 of 3 from the R-Sox. Manny isn't playing it doesn't sound like and we handled Ortiz last time around.