• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fall Fishing

So who is getting ready to hit the lakes hard for the fall bite? I haven't been out in quite a while and anxious to get the boat wet once again!

Which boat will that be?? wink.gif I don't know what I'm doing this weekend. Either fishing or hunting...not sure yet. I'm hardly even ready for hunting, so it might be fishing.

I never did ask LMITOUT...what rig are YOU considering getting next? You'll have to let me know what it looks like and all so I can follow you around on the lakes. blush.gifwink.gifgrin.gif

lol. I'll be in the tried and true 'Lumi. Kind of hate to see it go, but it's time to move on. Looking at going to a glass tiller and have it narrowed down to three brands....if that's what you call narrowing it down. grin.gif

Holy crap...don't even bother asking me what narrowing down is! shocked.giftongue.gifgrin.gif I've looked at sooooo many boats over the past six months, they're all starting to look the same. I think we may be near with the Tourney Sport 175 that we're eyeing, but again that could change in a heartbeat. You know women.... blush.gifblush.gifgrin.gif

Ha! I don't think you'll be disappointed if you go with the Alumacraft, and I'm not just saying that because I'm trying to sell mine. They are very good boats even though they don't have the reputation of the Lund name. I've had nothing but good luck with my boat and I'm sure if you choose the 175 you'll be in good shape also.

Summer fishing league championship is tomorrow. We draw the lake tonight. Could be Waconia, Waverly, Howard, or Mary. These four lakes were the best producing lakes as far as pounds of fish per angler throughout the summer. I personally have caught 19 inch + bass from each of these during league so I am feeling fairly good about tomorrow. Still you never know. I'm thinking top water early (frogs maybe or probably buzzbaits) then as the sun gets higher in the sky we'll probably pepper some docks with t-riggs, comida'a and tubes... We can weigh in 4 bass, 4 eyes and one large pike. The pike could be worth around 150.00 so any tips on how to hook up with one on purpose would be appreciated. I usually target the bucketmouths so...??? Anyway. I'm hoping the Fall fishing gets hot soon... as in tomorrow. grin.gif

Not to burst your bubble, but I hope the bass QUIT biting when it's walleyes I'm after. It gets old messing around with bass all day and replacing crawlers. They are becoming a nuicance!! grin.gif

Went out today. Not the best after a cold front rolls through, but it was nice to be on the water again. A crappie, pike and five bass (go figure) mad.gif. I hope the DNR is happy.

We fished Howard. I personally have a story that sound so familiar to a story posted under the Bass forum titled (took one on the chin today) that I don't have to even explain. just read that post. Sunday though I had another bass tourney down on Sleepy Eye lake (near Sleepy Eye, Mn). Anyway, my brother and I were partners and we finished 4th out of 14. winning weight(two bass) was 9lb 2 oz, 2nd was 8lb4 oz, 3rd was 7lb2 oz and Mike and I came in at 6lb 6 oz. I snagged the third largest piggy on that day. Largest out of 28 anglers was 5 lbs, then there was a 4lb4 oz then my 4lb 2 oz. Going up against guys with 50,000 dollar boats and then beating a few of them.... AWSOME. I guess it isn't the boat is it. If anything my crapy sat tourney helped me to slow down and just stay focused on one pattern on sunday. That is the ticket... just keep things in perspective and not get overwelmed. Weather was horrible but I would of rather been doing what i was doing than sitting on the couch. grin.gifsmirk.gif

I'll post a pic of the two we weighed in tonight if I get time. I'm at school taking lunch now. Go Vikes!!!!!!! wink.gif

[image]100_1078.jpg[/image] Here are the two we weighed in on Sunday's tourney. Fish on the left was 4lb 2oz, fish on the right was 2lbs 4oz. enough for 4th out of 14. Not great but fishing most of the day in the wind and rain... I guess it could have been worse. And to have the third largest of the day... I was happy. Now, if I could just get out and fish. Since I went back for my Masters and school is going on my fishing time has seemingly dissappeared. frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hitin Belle in the early am... Off to bed now hope to post some pics of some Eyes right after the vikes beat the Bears... smirk.gif

The two in the pic came out of Sleepy Eye lake just north of the town of Sleepy Eye Mn. that tourney was on sunday. The sat tourney was on Howard. Sleepy Eye lake is about a 180 acre puddle with next to zero structure. Very different approach than Howard lake. Did have some success on Belle. Nothing picture worthy but we hooked into 15 or so walleyes in about three hours using jigs and fats... Got a decent meal out of it though. Too bad the refs sucked and the play calling was worse for the vikes or the day would have been real nice..... smirk.gif

• 3 weeks later...

I might try it this weekend from shore. Last weekend was slow with only a few crappies and small perch and bass biting.

I have been getting out quite a bit. Water temps Wenesday at 8 pm were 41.5° on Belle. My face temp was about -20° with the wind. I will be fishing for a few hours Sat and Sun. If anyone needs a ride, I have room both days. I am unsure of the time, but most likely in the morning....

The last time I was on a lake (last weekend) the north side of the lake the water was 49 degrees and the south side it fluctuated between 41 and 42. Just goes to show what a strong northwest wind will do when it blows for 4 days straight.

I was out on Jenny, Tue. evening and Belle on wed. evening. Slow, slow, slow. Has anyone experienced a fall bite this year?

No bite here....only the wind.

Lakes are sure down too. Makes unloading the boat somewhat of a pain.

I found 49° consistanly throughout M.B. yesterday. I may have just turned. Who knows.

basscatcher....did you know the Yamaha/Skeeter/G3 dealer here in Hutch is now an Alumacraft dealer? Wasn't sure who your closest shop is, but thought I'd give you that info if you ever need it. Hopefully not!

I plan on getting out on Koronis a time or two yet this year. The night bite throwing cranks should be going now through the full moon. Cant wait to get out there if the bite is anything like it was last year. good luck

Water temps are 48 degrees and the lake appeared to have turned over recently. Hopefully there will be some more mild weather so you can get out there Friendly.

Good luck,

Corey Bechtold

I knew they were Skeeter and G3, but didn't know about the Alumacraft bit. Thanks for the helpful notice! I'll probably be getting my kicker motor and larger Lowrance screen unit from them now. Sure is nice when they're only 25 minutes away! grin.gif

A T-8 would look nice hanging on that boat of yours!

I was in there a few weeks ago and one of the guys told me about carrying the Alumacraft line. He had mentioned the possibility a while back and now they locked it up. They didn't have any boats on hand as of my last visit.

LMITOUT, did you go to NDSU game this weekend? I assume you must have gone to school there, based on your picture here? I graduated from there in '01. Go Bison!

T-8 it will be, but not until 2008. smirk.gif

I was in there a few months ago checking out the Skeeter WX1880 they had and a couple of the 2007 G3's that they had. Nice place and nice rigs, but my wife and I just couldn't bring ourselves to pay on the sales tax for a new rig as compared to the sales tax for a used rig (big difference there). I wish they had a website....maybe sometime they'll get one.

What do you know about B&B on the north end of town? Good people?