• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Blackhoof River

Anybody have any info about the blackhoof river east of Barnum? I hear there are brook and brown trout. Heading to a buddies cabin in the area and are thinking about trying it out. Thanks in advance

I've fished it. It definitely has fish, but I wasn't all that impressed with the fishery. Pretty remote for being close to Duluth and Cloquet, and nice scenery.

• 3 months later...

It also gets a run of steelhead. Good trout water, but remote and difficult to traverse. Bring a shotgun, too ...

• 4 weeks later...

Wow I used to live in the area! Fantastic trout waters! browns are huge! from Hwy. 23 walk in bout 40 acres take fork to right facing upstream nice deep holes lots a bugs heavy woods hard fishin.there now are access roads or paths off Co. Rd. 6. DNR says blackhoof is Mns. best trout waters off north shore,excluding southern Mn.