Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

rkuster

I've spent most of the summer fishing bass, now my brother is coming up from Iowa and wants to fish some walleye. We're going to head out the 14th thru 16th. It will give me a chance to use some of the knowledge picked up at T.O.'s walleye clinic. Was planning to head to Tetonka, which I've fished a few times, and Washington, which I've never fished. Maybe Madison too. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. It's been a few years since we fished fall walleyes together, hope to show him a good time.

Thanks for your help.

Team Otter

During the day, look for the 'eyes to be responding to the Lindy Rig and Floater set-up tipped with a crawler or minnow that I demonstrated at my seminar in anywhere from 2 - 20' of water. It will take some looking. During low light, casting crank baits in shallow or pitching jigs and leeches will get you some action.

Good Luck!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• FishinCT
      Jerkin, you are absolutely onto something. Back when I used to put a permanent out in the south metro, I made sure to fish as many weekdays as possible. Weekends were always worthless, no matter the conditions. Luckily vermilion is big enough to get away from it all!
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      Darrell, Nothing in the area that I have been traveling. Cliff
    • IceHawk
      That's a pretty one! Nice fish Rick 
    • Darrell Larson
      Clifford, how is the slush out there? I have slush in front of my home and looking at sled tracks they are turning color also.
    • eyeguy 54
      got a 14 incher on the way to try out next week. should be nice not bending over so far.   no crazy comments leech!  LOL 
    • nofishfisherman
      Used mine for the first time this weekend and I don't think I've ever used a better cutting auger.  Even my wife wanted to take a turn after seeing me use it and she's never used an auger of any type before.  We had maybe 18" of ice (just a guess, didn't measure it ) and I cleared the shavings a couple times with just a quick pull up at it worked slick. 
    • Sunset Lodge
      1.22.18 Sunset Lodge Fishing Report Hello from the NW Angle! Minnesota walleye fishing has been consistent between 18-21 feet. The most effective method is on the dead stick set slightly above the jigging rod. 25-28 feet is also filling buckets with a good walleye and sauger mix, even the occasional jumbo perch. Slender and Tundra spoons have been bringing fish to the house. We have also seen numerous northern pike this week with the largest being over 42.” Canadian walleye fishing remain excellent, especially along points and reefs. Crappie action has been hit or miss. The bite has been better in the morning with anglers limiting out in the first few hours. Fishing deeper than 28 feet is important to get good action. Until next week, Sunset Lodge
    • Chill62
      Moved house on Friday night in the dark.  Got holes drilled and let aired out.  Came back out after supper to fish for crappies.  Only small ones but had some action.  Got up early on Saturday and tried chasing tuilibee's and struck out.  Graphed a few but not a bite.  Switched back to the house around 8:30/9.  Buddies were near the house and had one crappie in the bucket.  Five of us fished till 11:30 without a crappie being bigger than 9".  Went back out after lunch fished till supper and nothing.  Came out again after supper got a 14" and 12.5" in 5 minutes and not a fish after that.  Sunday fished from 7 am till 11 nothing bigger than a 8" crappie.  Fished 3 hours Friday, 12 hours Saturday, 4.5 hours Sunday with only 2 crappies over 10".  Pretty sad but heard a ton of poor reports all over the area.
    • aczr2k
      Fished long point sat/sun morning... It was bad.  Had some friends fishing out of Borderview it was slow over there as well.  Tried all the colors.  Not very aggressive on the ones we did catch.  Had heard fishing was good of course on the days before sat.
    • JerkinLips
      I drive by there 20-30 times per year on my way up north and always wondered what they all said.  Thanks for posting them.  With the warning sign "Danger No Trespass Injury Very Likely" and the barbwire fence around the signs, I would not enter his property if I worked for the US post office or UPS.
  • Share & Have Fun