• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Barrel seating

Ron Burgundy

How extensive can the repair be if my barrel isn't seating? I noticed about 1/16 to 1/8 inch movement in the barrel when I put my new one on last night. It's the same when I put the old one back on.

What type of gun is it. I have play in both my barrels on my 870 and I just know where I need it to shoot correctly on my slug barrel!

Should have bought a Mossberg!!!!

Sorry , just couldn't resist the temptation:)

If your barrel isn't seating all the way into the reciever there could be problems with the gun.

A very small amount of play is ok, like maybe 1/32 of an inch.

I would take it into a gun smith and ask them to look at it.

Simonsons would do this for free, so long as they don't have to do any work on it.

Benny

The new rifled barrel is made by Mossberg, but my other two barrels that came with it also move. So it's not the new barrel.

Do A google search for accurizing a shotgun or slug gun.

It shows how to pin the barrel for better accuracy. Kinda easy if you are handy with a drill and a tap/die set! Or any gunsmith can do it!