• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Looking for muskie trolling rod holders

Doonbuggy

Question

I have a couple of stainless steel handrails on my boat that I believe I can use to attach rod holders.

Can anyone recommend a brand or model to use. They will primarily be used for muskie trolling so I've heard that I should stay away from plastic and go metal/steel.

If needed, I can post a picture of the handrail that I want to attach the rod holder, too. I'd say the diameter of the rail is about 1". Thanks.

DB

4 answers to this question

Hiya -

Lots of guys use Down East rod holders for muskies and swear by them. They are solid as can be. My only complaint about them is they aren't very adjustable for times when you want to put your rod tip in the water to catch floating weeds, etc. Personally, I've used RAM 2000s for several years and lots of muskie trolling - never had a problem with them, and you can take them off and out of the way very easily.

Cheers,

Rob Kimm

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

DriftMasters make a stainless steel rod holder that is super strong with a mount that will clamp on your rail.

This application is on my Great lakes boat with Flatlander # 250H 25 degree rod holders set on a T-Bar for the downrigger rods. In your case you'd mount to the rail. I'd recommend the Duo 255H 0 & 30 degree holder.

driftmaster.jpg

Heres is the Duo 255H 0- 30 degree holder mounted with a flush base.

DR%20dipsy.jpg

Hey guys - Thanks for listing all of the options out there. The Down East holders were just what I was looking for, I just didn't know the name.

Got them yesterday (gotta love priority mail) and they are now ready to go. Hopefully I can use them tomorrow. Thanks again.

DB