Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MNSkin

Need some fishing advice?????

2 posts in this topic

The familiy and me are heading up to Vermilion Dam Lodge on Saturday and looking for some Walleye presentations to try. This is my first time to Vermilion so what colors, spinners,cranks,lindy lengths,floaters seem to work more consistantly??? We do have a couple of boats with the Navionics premium chip so that should help alot. Just looking for a place to start. Thanks in advance for any help!!!!!!! Tracey Wiemers

Presuming the weather doesn't change a lot, the bite is hot on the west end. I just got back home from the lake this afternoon, and the past few days have been excellent.

(First things first..... Vermilion has a new slot regulation this year .... 4-fish limit and 17" to 26" go back in the lake immediately. 1 fish over 26" allowed.)

I caught all my fish on a lindy-rigged gum drop (largest size I could find, yellow, chartreuse, orange) on a 6-foot snell baited with half-crawlers (the front half of the crawler only --- throw the rear half away). Fish were found on offshore humps and island points in 15-25 feet of water, and time-of-day seemed irrlevant (I caught nice fish at high noon on a sunny day with no chop!).

Heard that chubs and rainbows were producing also.

As far as locale, I didn't get over your way (Niles Bay area), but had success on Wakemup and Head 'O Lakes bays, just west a few miles from where you'll be. Easy 15-minute boat ride.