• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fall into bigger lures

Turk

As the fall progresses I move to big lures -big spinner blades, big cranks, even big blade baits. Also about the fall, if you like to jig, the fall is the time to do it, look for structure and deep breaks. On a side note structure can be the shoreline and not only a point. In the fall in particular the shorelines do produce well, I like places with deep water close to shore. They aren't all the same, but try a few and you should run into fish! grin.gif

Keep Catchin'

Turk

I believe change is on the way and minnows will take over the prefered bait. I personally believe redtails are by far the best bait to use after labor day. Thanks to the fellow forum users, my baitwell will have lots of redtails in it for my early saturday morning outing.

In the fall do you find the eyes deep or are they getting shallow? If they are deep have you had success trolling? And I noticed on another post you were down by kinni, Do the fish head downstream towards red Wing in the fall or do they stay all over they river? May seem like dumb questions but I have not fished the river much.