• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The Wind Speaks!

Windy City Walleye Hunter

Just to be fair, I thought I would run the Sox numbers this year vs the Central and they are a little better than the Twinks at 35-30 with 12 of their 22 games left vs the Central. It is shaping up to be a barn-burner. Windy

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Windy City Walleye Hunter

• genegodawa

• buzzsaw

• SledNeck

Geno,

Glad to see you are an elephant and not a donkey. I knew there was something I liked about you, LOL. Now, what were you saying about the Cubbies crawling out of the NL cellar?

Sorry, had to take some of my frustration out on the hapless Cubbies, even though the Twinks went in the dumper tonight also. Windy

Ahh Windy, I don't care what people say about you, your a very passionate guy about your baseball team and eveyone get's frustrated just like myself (with the Twins). Its going to be a tight race to the finish, both are teams are very inconsistant right now. Both our starting pitching just blows right now with the exception of Sanatana and for that reason I don't see either team making it far in the playoff's.

Quote:

Right you are Buzz,

Kenny Williams has already said that one of the Sox starting 5 will be gone next year. Earlier this year, I would have thought it might be Garland, then Vazquez and finally Garcia but I think I know now that Mr. Buehrle will probably be back in his home town wearing the double birdies on his uni.

Windy,

I can't see how it would be Garland as didn't they just sign him to a longer term deal this past off season? Anyways this gets me back to last off season and 1 thing I didn't understand. Besides Contreras who pitched lights out during the second half of last season, if it weren't for having McCarthy in the rotation the Sox probably would never have made the playoffs. Yet they go out anyways and bring in Vasquez. What were they thinking? Have they finally realized that McCarthy NEEDS to be in the starting rotation and not in the bullpen? I'd be willing to bet had he been in the rotation the whole season you'd be closer to the Tigers than the Twins in the standings right now.

Yes Windy, last place in the worst division in the easiest league in MLB. Ta-daaaaaaa! And I'm not an elephant or a donkey, but I have been called a horse's patoot.

Now, to pose a question from yesterday's discussion:

Anybody else out there pick the winning team to root for yesterday? You know I'm talkin' 'bout my Injuns.

No bed-hopping for me today. I was, and still am today according to the schedule, rooting for the Indians!

Man Geno,

Tonight was not your night, both your teams lost! But didn't my boys look good in green tonight? Ah sure and begorrah YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD...YES! Windy

I saw those green uniforms while switching back and forth from the Twins. What was the deal, half way to St. Patricks day?

And yes, the Twinks did finally look good last night.

And to pose a question from yesterday: Did anybody else (besides RJ) pick the LOSING team to root for like I did?

Man oh man are those WSox lucky. I was sitting at the firepit watching the game and predicted 3 runs by MY Injuns. Little did I know it would be 4 straight doubles instead of a 3R HR. We had the sound off so I could not hear the dejecton in Harrelson's voice. Then I had to sit and watch those stinkin' fireworks go off, and I was dejected.

Hey Windy, the local racetrack called and said they are looking for a whole bunch of horseshoes that are missing. You think AJ knows anything about that? I told them the best place to search would be in the WSox shower room after one of them drops a bar of soap.

PS AJ deserves a beaning tonight for sure for that stupid bat-flipping at the Injuns dugout.

I think it must be half way to St Pats day or the Sox just figured they needed any help they can get right now. And Geno, you know that is just AJ being AJ, I hated him when he was on the Twinks and, of course, I love him now! As for the Sox last night, like Bullwinkle used to say....Hey Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat! My beloved sure pulled one out of somewhere, but like I said, at this point in the season it is any port in a storm. Today should be interesting and but we have to win tomorrow as Yo-Han should handle the Kitties on Sunday. I would sure like to take 3 of 4 and have the Twinks split and have the half game in hand going into Boston. Here's hoping you are 0 for 3 again today Geno, with the Injuns, the Twinks and of course that other team that is still playing up north (for the love of God, I can't figure out why though! LOL) Windy

Why, a labor union contract, of course! Haven't checked attendance in awhile, Cubbies still outdrawin' the Toolaroola WSox?

Very good connection to Bullwinkle there Windy. They did it again, almost blowing an 8-1 lead. Good for MacDougal and Thorton, but you know who I was rooting for. This is getting interesting for sure.

Hey Sled,

Do me a favor (I don't know an easy way to look this up)-

record since the all-star game for WSox and Cubs.

Thanks.

Windy,

Bullwinkle changed alliances to the Indians today. I guess the racetrack never found those horseshoes - maybe the WSox don't know anything about them after all.

Quote:

Just checked the schedule and it's official: I root for the Indians today.

Geno,

Make sure you switch over the the LA Angels tomorrow. grin.gif

Andy

And there u have it.

Without windy spin!

Never judge a team in sept by what it has done in april and may!

DTE Andy,

At 10:05pm CST tonight, it'll be official.

Fishy,

Thanks for those records. I had a feeling that the WSox were not that much better than the Cubs although the Windy-spin would like you to believe so. No wonder the Cubs are still Chicago's favorite team.

Windy,

No wonder the WSox "fans" booed Jenks the other night, the WSox are ONLY 3 games better than the Cubs since the All-Star game? And the Cubs had to lose 16 of 18 to do that. Now I know what that stench is that is coming from the SSide.

What's your latest prediction, o great Carnack?

PS I noticed how Harrelson PUT IT ON THE BOARD after Iguchi's HR, but wonder why he never even mentioned all those goose-eggs Sabathia PUT ON THE BOARD in the final 8 innings?

PPS I don't really like rooting against the WSox to see you in pain, but for Harrelson to shut his, what did you call it?, Pie Hole, this is GREAT!

Just be nice for Windy to realize that the Minnesota Twins are the best team in baseball right now.....there is no arguing that. And if you even try to fight it...you are just putting yourself in denial! Sorry Windy no way you can fight that FACT...no matter how many numbers you throw at it......sometimes the simplest truth is the biggest fact! "You can but THAT on the board...YES!!"

Good reading:

They have shaved 8½ games off the lead since star pitcher Francisco Liriano went on the disabled list with arm problems. The rookie is set to make his return on Wednesday, and Punto says Santana is the reason the Twins are still in it.

"That's why Santana is my MVP," Punto said. "It was a huge letdown losing (Liriano) in Detroit. We could have easily packed it in. Santana didn't allow that."

Only four pitchers have won an MVP award since 1971, with Oakland closer Dennis Eckersley the last to do it in 1992.

Santana, who leads the majors in wins, strikeouts and ERA, said individual awards are nice, but "I'm more about trying to win a World Series."

And now we get Liriano back!!!

The one thing I've noticed being talked about a lot is stats of teams from this point on, or prior to this point in time, etc. etc. The beauty of baseball is that it's not a sprint...it's a MARATHON! And the Twins are gaining speed down the long stretch coming to the finish line. I just hope we don't run out of gas. With Liriano coming back, we should have some renewed arm strength in the pitching tank and if I were any team in the AL, I'd be nervous about the Twins. They've battled through lots of injuries this year, some key ones at that, and still they just keep coming and coming and coming. That along with being nearly 100% full strength toward the end of the season ought to be big cause for concern among any competing team.

Jim Leland knew this all too well in a post-game interview he gave after a Twins game in Detroit. His concerns then are being realized now.

Add to that PLAYOFF experience! If I heard correctly the Twins are fighting for their 4th division title in the last five years!!

I wonder if Windy is still glad about his team's pitching staff (and if he would still take it over the Twins')? Who is his next CYoung candidate from the WSox - McCarthy? Yeah right, what is he, 3-7? So they better rush him into the starting rotation over Buerhle.

If Liriano really is strong enough to come back, you Twin fans can buy your playoff tix. But none of you should forget the main reason the Cubs aren't in it: no TIMELY hitting and no TIMELY pitching. Takes both an offense and a defense to do it. Right now both the WSox and Tigers don't have much of either.

3 up as of sunday morning in the Wild Card race and the White Sox seem to be having a tougher time against the west coast teams than we did recently... wink.gif There reward is Detroit starting out this week.... shocked.gif

Where's Windy now? I don't think will be hearing from him again this year. Twins are going to win wild card with Detroit hanging on to the division. It would be so nice if the Twins could catch Detroit just so we can face Oakland in the Division series.