• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The Wind Speaks!

Windy City Walleye Hunter

twins loss + white sox win = post by windy

Coincidence hmmm....

I just dont take the bait anymore, but cant resist posting. I really dont understand windy's logic sometimes but I know its all in fun just to stir the pot, alot of bull though as mentioned.

I guess we do have the best record in baseball since June, how conveniant for MLB to only schedule us against sub .500 teams that entire time? Windy the twins have a respectable record against all the other +.500 teams except Detroit and hopefully that will change this weekend. The white sox have absolutely owned Detroit, and thats really the only difference I see.

Hey windy do us a favor and tell me the white sox record vs the twins this year. Can you find it for me because I know you have that kind of time....wait I will do it for you Twins are 9-7 vs the sox this year.

Twins pitching worries me most. With the exception of Johan winning his 2nd cy-young in 3 yrs we have nothing after that. Garza and Bonser are getting better and showing potential but have yet to do it against a quality team. Radke has shown lots of heart and his arm is about to fall off, and I am sure if Gardy would let him he would be out there pitching with his other arm. I am in hope of bringing liriano back but then I just see flash backs of Wood and Prior how making them be workhorses for the cubs playoff push a couple years back and where it got them today. Twins have a bright future, no need to risk many years ahead, for just one push.

Its shaping up to be a 3 team race. Twins have the best home record in baseball and thats where the final series with the white sox(last 3 games of the year) will be played. I bought my tickets over a month ago hoping it all goes down to the wire. I can see it now, a packed house at the dome, a win or 2 to eliminate the sox and off to the play offs the twins will go.

May the best team win!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Windy City Walleye Hunter

• genegodawa

• buzzsaw

• SledNeck

Do I have to state the obvious Windy?

It's a rebuilding year. You know that.

Dye does deserve serious consideration, but alas, slumping when they need him most and playing for a third place team that was picked to win it all will not help his cause.

It's official. This is the 100th year anniversary of "rebuilding" for the Cubbies. Wait till...you know the rest.

Windy

Quote:

slumping when they need him most and playing for a third place team that was picked to win it all will not help his cause

DOH!!!! Sounds like a Morneau vote to me????

Windy, we'll see who's bragging NEXT YEAR!

Buzz, I think you might have missed my connection with my stringer comment or else I missed yours about your avatar. Mine was in ref to what Windy wrote about you not taking the bait and growing bigger(to 31") than the rest of us (16-17's).

PS Not that anyone cares, but did I fail to mention I am a REPUBLICAN? I support the US and all of the decisions of our elected officials EXCEPT when they give themselves a raise. Actually, I strive more to push for everything to be improved with our justice system. You know, more jails but just NIMBY!

Quote:

Just checked the schedule and it's official: I root for the Indians today.

Now that's funny stuff right there, I don't care who you are. Windy

That was funny! grin.gif I understood what you meant Geno, i just had to make sure everybody knew (brag, brag, brag) how big the walleye was in my avatar. grin.gif

Quote:

YES! But don't put me in a box about the war, I was speaking in general terms. My point is that the Dems are set up to help the needy and the republicans are more about building business' and taking care of yourself... some people don't or won't try to get ahead or take a chance and in my opinion it's the typical Democrat (stereotyping)... I'm a go getter and have worked hard to get where I'm at in life... I see others who milk the system and frankly it irks me. Too many people with their hands out and thinking that somebody owes them something... we all get what we work for.... nothing ventured, nothing gained. You pickin' up what I'm putting down Sled?

Im all for working hard. Yes the welfare system needs to be changed. I guess you guys dont leave your mansions enough to talk to everyday people that have used assistance at some point to make themselves into successful parts of the American workforce. These are the people who are punished when you lump the group of welfare recipients into one pile. I dont think you can divide this issue along party lines.

Am I a democrat, no. Am I a republican, absolutely not. I wont lower myself or conform my beliefs to fit any party. I wont sell out. When I go to the polls I vote against a person/party not for one.

I dont believe religion belongs in politics. I'm troubled by any leader (muslim or texan) that says God told him to invade a country. Im troubled by the fact the politics was brought up in here in the first place! Im troubled by the fact that a white sox fan is in such dire need of negative attention that he frequents a Minnesota baseball forum!

And to answer any questions you may have....Yes, I used to live off the govt (but they made me wear all these camoflaged clothes) How bout you?

Face it Sled, you are just plain ol' troubled! C'mon and join the club!

Now, back to politics/welfare:

Don't you just hate all these really complicated problems that can't be solved by throwing money at them? I say stop sending billions around the world and take care of OUR poor, OUR homeless, OUR downtrodden, OUR Windy. Just don't let them take advantage of it. But who gets to draw that line?

Its obvious that Iraq deserves new schools more than us. Maybe we can build more here after were done cleaning up all the flowers the greatful people of Iraq showered on us as we entered Baghdad. And I mean gee, that 3 billion in welfare we give Israel (one of the richest nations in the world) a year doesnt seem to trouble anyone, why does money thrown around to actual poor US citizens bother so many?

Yeah, how does that saying go?

"I've been rich and I've been poor and I'd rather be rich".

To you fish-interested guys...go to the photo forum and check out Sled's Kab pics - I don't care how foggy it is, that is a very nice NP, Not the caliber of Buzz's Walter if he does say so himself nyuk nyuk, but very nice indeed!

Quote:

I agree with Jorgie 100%!! I appreciate the effort and sarcasm Windy uses in his posts... we are so alike in this way... it's just that some people take it the wrong way.... I laugh now, last year I was like "Jerko"!!! Keep up the good work!
wink.gif

Exactly, Windy wants to piss us off, but if you can be good humored about it, its a great conversation. Its great to see so many fans passionate about their teams and defending them vehmently. Now if we could just get politics out of this topic...

And joe_stack, hitting up some 'eyes always sounds good to me. I'll let you know.

Jorgie,

That crack about getting politics out of the thread was just sarcasm, right?

Quote:

And to answer any questions you may have....Yes, I used to live off the govt (but they made me wear all these camoflaged clothes) How bout you?

I served in the Military as an IC man (communications) in the Navy, I served my country which is more than alot of people who bash this countries leaders can say they've done. I respect authority, follow laws and treat others with as much respect as they deserve... like I said, it's the people who feel they are entitled to something whether it's a lifelong history of taking govt handouts or just the personality disorders exhibited by people with the attitude that they are owed something. I get bent by people who bash our gov't for the war... what would these people say we should have done when NY was bombarded by terrorists? roll over and beg for mercy? Then we have the whole human rights tradgedy going on in the north of Iraq with the Kurds getting slaughtered by their own leader!! I'm not one that easilly agrees with war as the best choice and I feel terrible for all the oppressed people in IRAQ, but we needed to do something and we did.... were some mistakes made? YES! The bottom line is and always will be: The United States will never back down from anybody and the bleeding hearts out there will probably always be saddened by this. I'm not sure where your going with your comments, but I hope your not another one of those people that like to complain about something just to complain. confused.gif

Oh yeah, no more politics in this thread okay... we will certainly only end up offending somebody and I'm sure that is nobody's intent here. wink.gif

Of course, Sled.... you are entitled to comment back as I don't need to make the last point. wink.gif

I have no problem with fighting the necessary war on terror. I dont think you'll find many people that have a problem with going after terrorists as opposed to nation building. Yes Saddam was a bad boy, but its kind of hypocritical of the USA to justify an invasion based on his human rights record when the US govt lifted sanctions and allowed US companies to sell chem/bio weapons to Iraq for use against Iran and then still allow the sales after the 1988 gassing of the Kurds. Then told the Kurds to rise up and we'd help them overthrow the govt in 91' then bail out on them and let Saddams army have their way. If you wanna talk human rights, then looks like we have tons of work ahead of ourselves saving Africa.

The troops in Iraq are doing a helluva job inspite of faulty leadership at the top levels in govt. And I do not support a pull out at this time, as Im sure most people will agree with. But when Iraq turns into Afghanistan part 2 and we are in the middle of a Shia' and Sunni bloodbath, then thats probably the time we head out.

Im USA first. I dont believe in doing nations like Iraq any favors when it compromises our military, global standing and economy. Instead of a model for the middle east, Iraq is now a rallying point for otherwise non extremist muslims...which has hurt us in relation to the war on terror.

See, this political crap could go on and on. How bout a good ol' twins win tonite. Whaddya say?

Quote:

See, this political crap could go on and on. How bout a good ol' twins win tonite. Whaddya say?

Atta boy! I agree and am certain we feel the same way about alot of issues... I'm about to have another issue... I ate mexican for lunch today and will have to pay!! and thats all I'm gonna say! shocked.gif The Twins bats will need to be more consistant the next three plus weeks or we are in trouble.... not enough clutch hits lately.

Quote:

Im USA first. I dont believe in doing nations like Iraq any favors when it compromises our military, global standing and economy. Instead of a model for the middle east, Iraq is now a rallying point for otherwise non extremist muslims...which has hurt us in relation to the war on terror

I forgot to comment on this... I just have toooooo.

I'm pretty sure our (USA) goal is to stabilize that country and make it more of a democracy and in time that may happen... I agree right now it may be a rallying area for hood rats, but that will change, I hope.

OK then Buzz, let's attack Mexico??

(I just knew Jorgie's crack was sarcasm (sarc)!)

And don't forget to root for an Indians win tonight too!

Buzz,

I hate catching fish that big - can't eat them, they're only good for avatars! (Actually, I guess I can't hate it if I've never done it yet)

Windy,

Here's some Cubbie chatter for ya:

1. BTW how many GS's did your WSox hit yesterday? My Cubbies got one from none other than the saviour hisself, D Lee.

2. How many WSox are in the top 2 in the AL w/ K's? In the NL it is a Cubbie, Cy Young Zambrano, who nearly leads the league.

3. Who is the WSox winningest pitcher? Yep, an ex-Cub. YIKES!!!!

Well.....we're waiting Judge.

Pool #4 last spring my french loving beyaa! wink.gif Mark Stanley also got a 14# a few days prior down there... I posted those pics last year, it was a spring fish full of spawn... Mississippi rvr - Red Wing... Pool #4

Notice how the elbows are next to my body, not three feet forward like how some people on this site like to display pics.... No names will be given to protect the guilty. tongue.gif

14lbwalleyeavataraw0.jpg

This thread is so all over the board it cracks me up, and I'm the one who keeps highjacking it's theme!! shocked.gif

A few more thoughts...

potential4jf.jpg

risks5pw.jpg

pressure5fu.jpg

humiliation3gv.jpg

Thanks. wink.gif I thought our AAA pitcher baker had a rough game tonight until I saw Mark Buehrle's line vs Cleveland. crazy.gifcrazy.gif

Right you are Buzz,

Kenny Williams has already said that one of the Sox starting 5 will be gone next year. Earlier this year, I would have thought it might be Garland, then Vazquez and finally Garcia but I think I know now that Mr. Buehrle will probably be back in his home town wearing the double birdies on his uni. If things play out like they usually do he will probably catch fire and win about 20 games in the AAA League (National League) and CNY Tim will thank me for sending him over for some Venezuelan minor league short stop who hits about .255!

I got bored tonight since it looks like both our teams are taking one up the ole "giggy" tonight so I did a little more research on some numbers. I looked up the winning percentage the Sox and Twinks have against the teams that they have left to play. The Twinks ring in at .526 going 41-37 against the teams they have remaining on their schedule. The Sox ring in at .569 going 33-25. This could come into play with only the handful of games left and the lead being a slim half game. Looks like things could go down to the final series. If that happens, I expect an invitation to your sky box for the series and we can do some fishing before the games. If it does come down to that series I can only guess that Mr. Buehrle will have the best seat in the house for all three games, right next to Ozzie!

We can also work on our platform for the coming election and maybe we can interview some young interns for the campaign (wait, only the Dems do that) KIDDING. Oh well, back to the agony of DA FEET tonight. Tomorrow is another day.

Later,

Windy

Buzz,

We need a Chief of Staff, right? I think Sled could fill the bill. Sled, you got your ears on out there good buddy? Will you step up and serve your country with the original two "wise guys", you could be our third stooge!

My advice to Ozzie for the rest of the year. Sit Buehrle's butt down for his last 4 starts and let the other 4 starters suck up an extra game. I would feel much more comfortable with this scenario and at this time of the year it would not hurt the starters to go on 3 days rest for 3 weeks. Even if we split the 4 games he would have started, that could make the difference of getting to the big dance or staying home with your stack of Playboys!

Windy

Wow,

More stats from the ESPN guys doing the Twinks game. The Kitties are 40-23 vs the Central this year (even though they are 5-11 vs Sox) and the Twinks are now 31-31 vs the Central and boy do they have the games left against the Central (14 of their remaining 23 games). If the game were played on paper and if I was a betting man my money would be on the Pale Hose to eek out the wild card. Windy