Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kylersk

Heading up for our annual HouseBoat trip in 2 weeks, fishing tips?

5 posts in this topic

Every year I say "this year I'm going to do some fishing" but it never really happens. Card games, late nights at bonfire and the vikings game always seem to get in the way. wink.gif

Anyways, I'd like to head out a bit this year. We normally stay on the Northern part of the lake near Moccasin Point.

Any tips on depth, bait and time of day to fish for walleyes?

Thanks in advance.

Kylersk,

The walleyes are biting well!

lindy rigs baited with crawlers or minnows are the best presentations right now for me.

10 feet to 26 feet of water.

Cranks and spinners are also getting fish for those that have been using them.

I have been getting fish in almost all of the spots that I have tried this week. Depth seems to be the key.

Time of day does not seem to matter much.

Good Fishing!

Cliff

Thanks Cliff,

We didnt get out fishing as much as I had planned, but did manage to go out for a couple hours on Saturday. Packed 4 guys in a smaller lund, without trolling motor, and drifted back and forth off a reef. We managed to pick up a few 'eye' eaters, a nice pearch and a nice smallie. I however was skunked.

Saw ALOT of guys fishing for muskies. I believe there were 3 boats that fished the top of the reef during the time there.

Was there some sort of tournament this past weekend?

Yes there was a tournamant this weekend.

Sorry you did not get into a good bite. I have not done well on the reefs lately. Mostly shoreline related bite now, except for the crank bait bite which is going well for those that are doing it.

Cliff

No reason to be sorry, we thought we did fairly well! Especially with how we were equipped, 4 guys packed in a small boat and no trolling motor. smile.gif