• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Coon Sent

Monster Buck

Quick question on coon hunting. Is it easier for the dogs to pick up coon scent when the grass is wet?

In most cases, the higher the moisture and humidity the better the scent trailing will be. Very dry conditions make scenting more difficult.

higher humidity makes it hard to smell for a dog but the moist conditions are better like due on grass the humidity holds the scent to the ground more then when its not humid just think when its humid how hard it is for us to breath now just try and think how a dog is when smelling a cold track when the humidity is up

I do agree with houndsman, I guess my reference to humidity was about there being dew on the grasses. HIgh humidity and heat makes it hard ot breath no matter who you are.