• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Any recent fishing reports from Leech Lake?

I am heading up to Leech for several days in mid September and wonder if anyone has been out on the lake and would care to report on the angling. I will be fishing primarily in the Sucker Bay area. I hope that the low water levels will not prevent me from getting my boat in the water. It is currently at a 30 year low. Thanks

Hello Duck2...asked this same question before i went up over labor day...evidently no one has any reports for us...so anyway I got one walleye trolling in 10-15ft with a pearch shad rap...the resort owner said its typically slow this time of year heating up late september early october. So i say depending on what your going after just throw everything at them and see what happens. Its such a great lake actually catching fish is just a bonus.

I hear the walleyes are back up shallower. Work points and rocks (call it 22-15 feet). Or, just outside the weedlines. More notherns than in the past few years, a good sign. They are still shooting comerants, which is nice to see.