Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
311Hemi

E-collar purcahse

11 posts in this topic

I am going to purcahse the Dogtra 1700 in the next day or so. I just can't decide whether I should get the one or two dog system. I don't really have the extra money for the two dog, but I will be getting a second pup in the next year or two so I would be forced to get a new e-collar setup in 1-2 years.

Any thoughts?

If you really work at it you might not even need a collar on the one you have it for now by the time you get another pup. Even so you can get a second collar all together at that time if needed. I have the Dogtra 1200 and like the product. I think you will be happy with it.

I agree, you may not need two collars... I have friends who switch off the collar on their dogs as needed. Usually the older dog needs it once or twice a trip, but the younger one needs it on more or less the entire time. I use a two dog system but rarely need to use it on either of my old timers... just more assurance for me when we are out...

Good Luck!

Ken

Something to consider - it only takes ONE TIME when the collar is on the "other" dog, and something terrible can happen. The extra $100 (or whatever it is) is a no-brainer to me when it can save hundreds in vet bills or the cost of replacing your dog.

Blaze

Thats the only thing I am worried about, and one of the reasons I want the collar in the first place.

My pup now is 15 months right now, and so in a few years I will be running a 3 (maybe 4) year old and another 12+ month old. Neither old by any means, but hopefully trained good enough to not worry about it!! crazy.gif

Thanks....I think I will just do the Two now and be done with it.

Guys I am looking at buying a new e-collar this fall. Can anyone help me make a decision? I am trying to decide between a Tri Tronic and a Dogtra. I know all the features that I want: min 1/2 mile range, continiuos and momentary correction, tone and waterproof. This is for a 5 year old lab.

Everyone says that Tri Tronic is the best but to get the features that I want is something like $500. I have an Innoteck but after 4 years is it starting to fail.

Any help would be great.

It's a no brainer for me. I've owned Tri-Tronics for the last eight years and their service has been great and with the new addition of the EXP line of collars you have the option of buying a collar that is expandable to be a three dog system if you ever choose to do so. I will own the Pro 200 before duck opener.

I just ordered the Dogtra 1702NCP (two dog) for $399 (no tax or shipping). I wont be running 3 dogs so I have no worry about having to add a 3rd collar. It has the vibrate instead of tone (which I also wanted).....otherwise I think it has everything else your looking for. Both Tri tronics and Dogtra make good collars.

Have you considered other collars. SportDog makes some good collars that are expandable. I have the SportHunter 1800 and it expands to 3 dogs. Of course you have to purchase the extra collar/s, but you'd have the transmitter. You can hold off on purchasing the extra collar until you need it.

Mr. B

Take a look at the SportDog brand. Like I posted above, I have the SportHunter 1800 and I have been very satisfied with it so far.

Features:

3/4 Mile Range

Receiver and Transmitter are waterproof and submersible

Expands to 3 Dogs

Up to 16 levels of continuous and momentary (nick) correction

Tone only button

Tone only for 1 sec, then stimulation, option.

Replaceable,rechargable NiMH Batteries in both transmitter and receiver

Low battery indicators in both transmitter and receiver

40-80 hours ‘on time’ between charges

Lanyard

Belt Clip

Lifetime Limited Warranty

JUST BOUGHT THE "SPORT 60" BY TRI TRONICS THIS WEEKEND A T SPRTSMANS WAREHOUSE FOR $189.00. THE REGULAR PRICE WAS $250.

JUST THAOUGHT I WOULD LET YOU GUYS KNOW.

THAT WAS THE ST CLOUD STORE.