• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Surface water restrictions

Hey guys I had a question about the regs. For the areas that are restricted for surface water is says you need to be a 100yds away. Now I have a pasture lined up righ off of swan lake in Nicollet. I was wondering because a good part of the lake is completely dry around shore, do I have to be 100yds from shore or from the water which is several hundred yards from where it was in the past. Any help would be appreciated.

the way I understand the law you must be 100 yards from the water. The normal shoreline wether it be higher or lower doesn't matter. The law states 100 yards from water. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the input. I called the DNR today and they confirmed what you just told me saying that your decoys have to be at least 100 yds from any surface water.

That is "open surface water", small rivers,creeks or ditchs don't count as open water.

We just got checked by the Fed CO and the State CO and we had a ditch filled with water right next to us.

They never said a word about the water there.

Benny

Is it just me or is this an insain law. The purpose of this season is to reduce the numbers of local geese, so why restrict it especially in the metro where there are so many sitting by ponds? Does anyone know the reasoning behind the water restrictions?

I think the DNR does not want us shooting while people are water skiing and recreational boating. I don't understand it but it's the law.