• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

If you had the choice??

My wife and I are heading up for one more camping trip the weekend of Sept. 23rd. I have fished both Namakan and Kab. this summer with mixed results.Both times we caught some fish. We are actually going to be able to fish hard for a couple of days because grandma and grandpa are watching the kids. Where would you fish to get into the best "eyes"? I don't want your honey holes but an approximate end of the lake or bay as a starting point would be much appreciated.I have never been up through Crane or Sand Point. Would it be worth the trip to go that way???

Thanks,

Mike

Hitman,

Depending on the weather the next few weeks the Ash River area can provide some very good, deep water jig fishing. You can fish the mouth of most bays and off several points with success, we fish from 45 up to 20 depending on the elements and water temps. This area also offers some protection from heavy North winds which are common at this time of the year. Not sure what the area offers for camp sites. You can start from the mouth of the Ash River and fish all the way to Tar Point. Good Luck!

When I was up at Kab I just went by where everyone (MN boat stickers!) was fishing for walleyes and marked it on the GPS for future reference. Lake seems to big to try to find spots on your own with limited time.

Lakertaker & Sledneck,

Thanks for your thoughts and insights. Any other opinions are welcome as well!

Mike

Sledneck,

I put in at the Ash River visitors center and we will be trying to find an Island campsite between there and the West end of Namakan. I have a white crestliner nitehawk with a johnson 50 on it. If you see it stop by and we can BS a little.

Mike

Hey Guys,

I'm thinking about heading up there on S. 23 week start, too. Any concern about fall turnover impacting fishing by that week?

We are starting in Crane, never been there, any advice on preferred lakes or locations would be great. I'll be in a houseboat. Might bring my radio. callsign is fallguy channel 64

Hitman we have a crew going up there the week of 23rd. Staying on an Ebel's houseboat. Camping is nice but you can't beat an Ebel's houseboat. Katy takes great care of her fishermen. We will staying somewhere on Nam. Been going there for the last 8 or 10 years. Fishing the last view years has been very slow for eyes that time of the year. We have been told this has been the best spring and summer for eyes, fishing has really improved. We have always fished 25 to 30' with live bait (minnows) but have caught big eyes trolling with deep divers. Hope to see you out there. GOOD LUCK

Redruuuuuuummmmmmm, good luck on your next trip. I have a couple of spots for you to try if you want to venture into nam more. Give me a call, I talked to your old man a week ago and he mentioned our phone conversation we had. My class reunion is next week, yours next year. I wish I was a little closer to your area! Deter