• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Well we have a big group going up on the 29th of this month. I have never been to this lodge or even on this lake. I would like to fish for Walleye and Muskie. Any one have any stats on this lodge. I believe we are staying in the Norway and man does that look cool as hell!! I can't wait to get out of town!!

Thanks

VDL is ran by a great owner. Ed works as hard as anybody on having a great, well run resort. You will have a great time, and Ed is also an excellent muskie fisherman. You won't be disapointed.

Doug

I have been going to VDL for 4 years now. I do not think I will ever go anywhere else. Ed is one of the most down to earth guys you will ever meet. He and Marty (righthand man) are both avid musky fisherman. I promise you, they will put you on fish and take very good care of you. Their cabins are second to none. Stayed in the Norway last year, this year we stayed at the solitude.

VDL looks like a nice place....I have always fished the east end so I'm not familiar with the west end and after seeing where VDL is, I'm curious as to the convenience of getting where you want to fish.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all the input boys.

We have a group of 9 going up this Friday.

YEA See you there.

We just got back from staying at the VDL. Great place. Ed is a nice guy. We were mainly fishing Walleye. Either the bite was just slow or we couldn't find the right spots. We caught a few but nothing to write home about. I would like to fish Vermilion again with a little more persistence.

Have a great trip and let us know how you do.