Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bison9

Fall Preference: Pelican for this guy!

7 posts in this topic

Well Boys - my Fall tirade of the MN lakes is about to begin. With the great luck I had last year in Pelican on some frosty Fall nights, I can't think of any other place to begin for the Fall Walleye action. I got a little taste of some good fishing this weekend out at my buddy's place (Jewitt Lake by Fergus). We were going for eyes, but nailed a good mess of 10 - 15 inch crappies. Those were some of the best lookin crappies I've ever caught!

Anyways, I will be hitting Pelican this Friday night for a little walleye action. Also, anybody can feel free to post where their Fall adventures for walleyes will be taking place this year. smile.gif It's finally out of the office and on to the water for this guy! Good luck to all!

Hiya -

Monday morning about 5:30 I sat at the end of my driveway with a boat behind me that had bass, walleye, panfish and muskie gear in it, and I couldn't decide what to fish or or where because it was all sounding good. Does make you realize what an embarassment of riches we have when it comes to fishing - fall, or any other time of year.

Cheers,

Rob Kimm

Bison --

I am also looking forward to fall fishing. Just about went last night but I went Goose Hunting instead. What a waste af time.

Pelican is my favorite as well, but with all the action on Big C this summer I think that might be worth a try as well. I also plan on hitting Lida, White Earth and Strawberry. a couple of times.

You know i wish i would have the determination to go out and fish in the fall but i am so busy doing other things. I hunt deer, ducks, geese, and make a couple weekend trips to ND for some pheasants. So i am busy but i really want to learn how to fish White Earth and Pelican in the fall some year bc i have heard it can be the best fishing of the year.

A. Shae

Yeah, I also want to try White Earth - I've heard some good things about it...

Does anyone hit Big or little Mac in the fall for walleyes, i am just wondering mainly bc i never made it out there this year.

A Shae

Fished Lida yesterday. Took the folks out. Got outfished by Mom 5 walleyes to 4. And Dad? Well, Dad got pretty good at netting fish for us. Found the fish in 23-26 feet of water. More on nightcrawlers than fatheads, but both caught fish.