Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jim W

Smallies/streams

3 posts in this topic

Smallmouth are more than willing to play at present.

Soon, there will be very few with waders, fishing for smallmouth, trout, saugers etc. Best time of year I say........wish I had more time to "go over" my hips boots, slip on the bank, walk in ten feet of nettles and itch weed. Hastily (freaking out really) swiping spider webs off my face, yet be the only one to hear the slap of that fish hitting the surface.

Soon!

Keep the rods bendin'!!!

Jim W

It's also great its not so hot, it sure is nice to wade and not come back wringing with sweat.

And little to no bugs, no welts when you get home. Fall and spring are my favorite times of the year.

It certainly would be nice to get out and have the stream to myself. Smallmouth fishing in SE MN keeps getting more popular every year and from my observations on the streams made a big jump in popularity this year. Of course, part of that might have been due to the very hot weather this year. I think a lot of people like myself gave the trout a break since the warm water temps are so stressful for them.

There is no doubt that this is a great time of year to get out. I have saved a few days of vacation for the catch & release trout season in the last half of September. Much less crowded once the kids and teachers are back in school and by the end of September many people have put up the rod for the year and taken the guns and bows out.