Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sparkyaber

2003 opti 200 hp service manual

2 posts in this topic

I want to get a service manual for my boat motor, and I found some on ebay. The question is that they look to be from the year 2000. They have the same part # except for the last two digits(assuming that means the year) 90-859769r03 or 90-8559769r1. Did the opti go through changes in three years? The add says something about serial #'s higher than OG960500. Well, mine is OT700962 is that higher? Also, has anyone purchaced the service manual on cd-rom? Are they worth a darn?

Thanks

Get the Mercury manuals (the black with red print), they are awesome. Don't bother with CD but you should get the year for your motor. Beware many features on Optis are computer controlled, you will need a laptop and software to work on them, also ECM will record failure or problem, so if you mess up dealer will know....

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Vexilar
      I also needed to buy a receiver so my total cost was $500 but they did have them at Scheels beginning of the year but you can buy it from dish. I think they charge $7 a month for use of the receiver. 
    • EJ
      I was out last night in west metro and the water had mostly either frozen again or gone down the open holes. I was pleasantly surprised. We lost about an inch of ice though the top few inches were starting to soften.
    • Musky hunter 82
      I would build a frame that your current otter sled would fit in that has downhill skis on the bottom of it.  I did this for my setup that is very similar to yours, I can pull 100 pounds through 8" of snow with very little effort.  Side note I wouldn't pull it with a four wheeler, mine slides to easy and wants to hit the back of the wheeler when I try to stop.
    • Bdeanpete
      I've got an Eskimo 949I which I love. We occasionally go deep off the trail to isolated lakes and my otter sled is too much like dragging an anchor when we break new trail or if there is deeper snow on the ice. I am in search of a slender long sled that pulls easier and can still accommodate my hub house, auger, buckets, poles etc.   ive looked at gander, FF, cabelas, Joe's and the like without finding exactly what I want. Does anyone know of a sled that fits my description?  Thanks and tight lines. 
    • Jmnhunter
      dang, thats a small truck too, but that hunters point area is alittle hairy anyhow, i need my arctic cat back!!