• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

A well deserved thanks for a Charter boat Captain.

After finding this forum several weeks ago looking for a charter captain, I found many people here recommending Skippers Kid Charter Service. I looked up Skippers Kid and booked a whole day for my son and I. Not only was Tom more than accommodating and more than willing to show us how it’s done we had our limit shortly after 8:00am and we were back at the dock by 10:00am. Was I impressed, Thanks again Tom for everything.

Orlip I heard you guys had a great morning. Glad everything worked out for you guys. Tom is a good hard working guy.

Orlip, i think you chose very wisely on a cap'n. Tom is definately a wise gentleman who is willing to help whomever asks of it!

congrats on your great day fishing, also i hear you got your rig all setup to try this stuff on your own! Congrats, and good luck! Hope you make it back up to Duluth to put that gear to great use!

- Woodie

Right now the plan is to get back towards the end of the month. Hope the fish are still active and the weather is decent. Yes you are right about Tom, He was more help than I could have ever expected.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Mike, glad everything worked out for you and Tom got you on some fish.

Orlip It was nice to meet you and your son smirk.gif. I hope we can help with the rest of your boat and get you more rigged for that big lake it can be fun but some days are very slow and some days you can do know wrong they are just bitten any thing you put in the water. You had a great am on the water it is not like that all the time but I was glad it did with you and your son. I thank all fmers for the nice post to get Orlp out with me he is hooked now russ likes him already and he just got started? Well it is like this if you fish the big lake one pay check for russ and one for gas and one for the wife and one for the bills I think I am close so welcome to the big lake and keep in touch the forum will have you on fish be-4 you get up here good fishing to all smile.gifsmile.gif.

Nice fish Orlip! The boy look's like he had a blast. We also recently went with Tom out on the big lake and I can honestly say I have never seen a guy work so hard to put fish in the box. Tom wants nothing more but to satisfy the customer. He is very experienced and know's how to get fish. On another note, congratulation's on getting hooked on the big lake. You might as well refinance the house now for all those spoons and bombers you are going to buy. grin.gif Take care, and thank's again Capt. Tom. BC

Yup Bigcountry hit it on the head. I went to Marine General for some Crappie stuff and wound up buying 16 new spoons. They just happened to be 20% off and some were only $3. So of course I had to get 2 of every one. grin.gif It is addicting. Oh by the way I did buy every last pink with black dots they had. wink.gif

Sounds like a plan Dave but I work sat morning. Maybe Friday morning if your up or Sunday morning. weather/wind may mess with us though. sounds like N.E. for a while now.

Dave, I may be up for a day on the lake. Goose hunting has been slow and I coulndt find anyone who wanted to go fishing on sunday, really had the itch to get out. My invitation aboard the skippers kid sunday fm ride must of got lost in the mail tongue.gifgrin.gif

I want to thank Capt. Tom also for answering all my questions and helping me out this summer. I look forward to shootin some ducks with you this fall buddy.

Steve,Ran, we will se what the weather looks like. There is not many weekends left. Hope Fridays forcast is good.

Randy, I called you to go but you did not answer your phone? But we have time to still get out on the lake. I am ready to shoot ducks and deer I will be in the city hunt cant wait. Well thanks for the kind words guys I do like to help I know I cant take it with me so you might as well now help others and they will help you I have found that out first hand good luck to all smirk.gif.

Tom, I know you called I'm just giving you a hard time smirk.gif. Bad thing about living out here in the country is I can't get a very good signal on my cell. I don't always get my missed calls right away.

Yup sounds ugly tomorrow. Of course its my 1 day off. I may have to run down and see Val and hit Cabelas. Ran you want to tag along?

Yup, just listened to the marine forcast. Winds are suppose to build overnight. Sounds like a bust. I will be here all weekend.

Well it will be another day in the lost calm well yard work here I come? Ya right well lots of stuff to do hope the wind is calm? shocked.gif.

Man Dave the Superior gods sure dont want you getting out much this year. Ill try and stop by later.

Dave where do you bring the weather from? I think 75% of the summer you are here it is blowing smirk.gif. Well start to pray they say it will be like this through the weekend.

This happened to me to when he was going to first mate for me as well confused.gif Do you think he has the wind bug I think so sorry randy but some one has to take the blame hope you are ok with that smirk.gif Well it don't look good tomorrow?

I was hoping no one would notice I have the wind bug smirk.gif It only seems to kick in everytime I get invited out. crazy.gifgrin.gif

Tom, we'll need that wind come this duck season and it'll be flat calm. You goose hunting this weekend?

Steve,I ended up working all day. Cabela's would of been more fun.

No, it doesn't look good Tom. I was hopeing to get a crew out there sometime this weekend, but the wind is pretty huge. My wife left work this evening from downtown and has a pretty good view of the lake. She said it looked like an angry ocean out there frown.gif Hopefully we can sneak out on Sunday. I will give you a shout if we make it out there. BC

Tom, i might go try it in the morning if I can drag my butt out of bed. Would be just me and yellow dog. Don't have any geese on this end but it gives me time to train gunner. All the geese are in town and on your end. You have a charter tomorrow?

Yes I am out but you would like to get out so I know the wind will BLOW all day smirk.gif.

Randy' austen I just got home we did great on geese on the river I shot well. We will be out Some time tomarow I would like to hook up if you call my phone works just fine. shocked.gif.