Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EatSleepFish

carp lakes

9 posts in this topic

any carp lakes around the cloquet area?

None, I don't think there are any up this far north in MN as far as I know.

None I'm aware of.

I believe there are carp in the St. Louis.

Couple years back, in the heat of mid-summer(like late July), there was a huge school of carp rolicking around in the Knife River, just below the OLD 61 bridge. Haven't been up there for quite some time, but there were alot of them!

i dont know what it was called but where they load grain into the big ships some spills and the carp are think around in was in the duluth habor. I am sure someone knows of where i am talking about and could tell you how to get there.

Even if there is a slight chance you can catch one by where they load grain, or by a river your chances are better hooking into something else IMO. The lakes in the cities are loaded with them MSP/STP.

my grandpa hooked one while tossing spoons near the cascade river and i know there is some aroind duluth in hte lake

I've got several this summer fishing beneath the Island Lake Dam. Not really in the Cloquet area though.