Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

EatSleepFish

any carp lakes around the cloquet area?

Skunked-Rookie

None, I don't think there are any up this far north in MN as far as I know.

Surface Tension

None I'm aware of.

kingr

I believe there are carp in the St. Louis.

83walleye

Couple years back, in the heat of mid-summer(like late July), there was a huge school of carp rolicking around in the Knife River, just below the OLD 61 bridge. Haven't been up there for quite some time, but there were alot of them!

monstermoose78

i dont know what it was called but where they load grain into the big ships some spills and the carp are think around in was in the duluth habor. I am sure someone knows of where i am talking about and could tell you how to get there.

Skunked-Rookie

Even if there is a slight chance you can catch one by where they load grain, or by a river your chances are better hooking into something else IMO. The lakes in the cities are loaded with them MSP/STP.

monstermoose78

my grandpa hooked one while tossing spoons near the cascade river and i know there is some aroind duluth in hte lake

Jorgie

I've got several this summer fishing beneath the Island Lake Dam. Not really in the Cloquet area though.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Wanderer
      I’m still seeing very random thicknesses all over.  In the past few days I’ve been from St. Cloud to Winnie and have seen vehicles on the ice and open water on the same lake. I’m in Little Falls.  Tonight I checked 2 lakes NW of town.  Both had people fishing.  One looked to be safe for wheeler travel and the other, very near it, still had an open lead and you could see the difference between the first sheet of ice and the second. I hope it doesn’t get covered with snow anytime soon so we can still tell where the changes are. Be safe. Bring floatation and picks.  And don’t drive yet! Ruh ro....
    • Bigfatbert
        Nice fish , great pics ,, what times of the day were best for you ?        
    • KidMoe
      I was on a small north metro lake today and found between 2.5 and 4 inches. One of the spud bar holes I punched started spewing water up so definitely needs a little more time. 
    • trebormorgan
      I was out on Round Lake last night (12/9/17) for the first time of the year. I was very surprised to see 12 inches of ice. I checked a few other holes and found anywhere from 11-12 inches. Keep in mind, I was about 300 yds out from the southeast shoreline. I’m not sure if it’s consistent across the middle of the lake. I only saw one group with a snowmobile. All other groups walked out, at least where was.  Anyone have any reports for ice thickness on other lakes in the area?
    • Billy G
      Alot of open water pockets on bigger lakes still, some people out on cannon on 3 inches about 60 yards or less from shore. 
    • sartellangler05
      Called baitshop, he said people are going out from beach and a couple houses out. Wouldn't say how much ice. Who's got an ice depth?
    • Mike89
      awesome fish!!!!  see ya in March!!
    • JerkinLips
      Had great fishing out from McKinley in 28 FOW on Friday-Saturday.  Caught a great mix of dinks, eaters, and slot fish.  I ended up catching five 22-25" walleyes, but my guest on Saturday (Chris Larson) caught the largest at 25½".  Best action was using a chub on a plain hook, but small jigs and rattlers also had action.  Walleyes still didn't like the sucker minnows. I had 8½" of ice where I was (was 6½" the previous week).  But be very careful out there because there are bad spots as people have mentioned.    
    • sartellangler05
      Anybody walking out yet? Preferably would like to know Glenwood side..
    • eyes55117
      Just want to put this out early... hoping to keep up on the ice conditions along the north shore of superior from Duluth N. 2 1/2 hr drive is a bit far to check ice. Thanks for all the help from people in the area.