Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Down Deep

Dumb Designs For Outdoor Equipment. Screen Window Installed In Roof of Tent

8 posts in this topic

I just go back from a week long fishing trip to Canada. My fishing buddy has a truck camper, however he can rattle the walls with his snoring so I usually bring my tent and sleep there for a peaceful night sleep. This year he bought a new tent and offered to bring it for me to use. When we pitched the tent I couldn't believe my eyes. There was screen window in the roof. The flap to close it was on the inside of the tent which meant that all the water would pour off the roof and flow through the screen and into the flap which would then overflow into the inside of the tent. There was no fly included. I tarped it, but I got a good laugh about the design. I thought it would be fun to hear about any other dumb designs of fishing related or outdoor equipment.

I just bought a new cheap watch and the most important feature for me was that the face lit up when a button is pressed. Well, when you press the button the numbers light up but not the hands.

Then we have the "sun top" for boats. Ya put the darn thing up to get out of the sun to find that it has big clear panels on the top. shocked.gifconfused.gif

The tent camper we traded this summer must have come from the sunbelt design academy. The vinyl side panels were dark-smoke colored. On a sunny day, you needed the lights on inside. It didn't seem like a big deal in the showroom. And they only came in dark. We replaced a damaged panel and had no other option.

I bought a tent for my son with the window on top but the tent came with a fly

I have an older colmen lantern that has the cleaning apature inside the globe. I belive you would light it the spin the apature then put the globe on with out breaking the mantels. Got it at a garage sale for 2 bucks thought it was cool.

If it was seamsealed and the zippers couldn't leak I odn't see how water would pour into thte inside of the tent.....

ANyway, I was in a friends pop-up camper a couple weeks ago and they burnt some food on the stove. I told him to open the roof vent and he said there wasn't one!! I looked in side and didn't find one, the only thing was to turn on the over the stove hood fan which stood about 3 feet lower than the roof. Nice design.

The flap for the window was about 3' X 5" rectanglewitht the flap on the inside of the tent. It was stitched on the bottom side and only had zippers on the right and the left sides. The top side or side close to the top beam of the tent was open. Water would have hit the roof drained down to the screen fall into the flap and then fill up and drain into the tent out of the unclosed flap.

I bought a very popular walleye boat that has the rod locker in the floor but it won't accept name brand rods becuase the guides are to large and therefore will not fit in the rod sleeves.