Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
jbtwins24

whats biting and where??

jbtwins24

i was thinking about hitting up the mississippi on monday and want to know if anybody knows whats biting and where they are. its been some time since i took my boat out and monday would be a great day to. any info would help out alot! thanks!

chubei

Hope you catch this message before you go out. The fishing for saugers and eyes is still there, but not the size. Fish has been around the 10"-13". There are schools of eyes around like three or four in a group which are 15"+ and who knows there might be even more in that school (I shorefish). Where I fish there are a lot of schools of baitfish. My friend and I nailed three walleyes (15 3/4", 17", 21") in and around wood structure with artificial jigs. The eyes were just swimming underneath the baitfish school I assume. Tips are: use visible underwater color choices and especially natural colors, keep the lure right in the strikezone, and use steady retrieves or jigging techniques. For a little extra kick, try adding some sent in your bait. It works.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• PRO-V
      I always did best with frozen Cisco's suspended on a quick strike rig.
    • PRO-V
      I tried a few times during that 30 below weather. Saw nothing but thousands of wolf tracks. That night while we sat on the hunting shack deck having a cigar a pack of coyotes we're yipping out by our trucks 400 yds away. They were probably tipped off by our generator though and couldn't get them to come in. I did see 2 moose 30yds in front of me going into one calling spot. That was cool.
    • going4it
      Coon lake up 65 and off 22. Also Lake George. Both pretty good panfish populations to keep busy. 
    • Brandon Klatt
      Thanks for the replies guys. Usually target panfish and eyes so actually going for pike is kinda a whole new world to me. lol
    • mrpike1973
      Lots of little sunnies there is a spring in there in the deepest spot be care full. There are better lakes in my opinion.
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      They work. And as stated, sometimes better then live suckers! Cliff
    • Wanderer
      I can’t say Big Marine is a big fish factory but it should have nice clarity.  The main lakes of Minnetonka are pretty cool to play on.  Yeah, Minnetonka is a muskie lake but there are a lot of nice pike swimming out there.
    • AlwaysFishing23
      I’ve had the same issue with keeping them alive. Dead bait works way way better than live bait anyway. Defiently going to give that a try wanderer!
    • Wanderer
      I’ve saved dead/dying suckers before.  Pull them as soon as you can and freeze em.  I’ve sprinkled them with salt before bagging and freezing.  Fish them on the bottom. There was a time I targeted big pike with big minnows and would actually kill a minnow before sinking it to the bottom with one of my lines. As with everything, it’ll work better some places at some times, not as much as a live minnow other times.  Later season when pike cruise just below the ice scooping up the dead loss of the winter, suspending your dead sucker a foot below the ice can be your big fish ticket.
    • Mike89
      welcome to the site!!!
  • Share & Have Fun