Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
hitthebricks

Antenna connection

hitthebricks

I have tried to solder the antenna connection on my marine radio 2 times and failed to do it correctly both times. Can anyone describe the correct procedure or know of a website with detailed info. and instructions. thanks much in advance HTB

HaywardBound

Soldering is always a job, especially when I don't do it that often.

When I put my radio in, I used the solderless connection. The instructions were on the package.

Radio Shack has 3-4 different options for connectors.

Gissert

Soldering can be tough. Remember - solder flows to the heat source.

First, tin your iron by melting some solder on it, and then wiping the iron on a wet sponge or damp cloth.

Next, put the iron where you want the solder to go, and then touch a small amount of solder to the iron. Then move the solder away from the iron a bit and the solder should flow to the iron.

Hope this helps.

hitthebricks

I was thinking more of what all needs to be soldered. I know the center wire needs to be soldered at the tip of the connector but does the braided strandeds need to be soldered through the 4 holes on the side of the connector or does the braid stay inside the inner part that screws into the exterior part. HTB

DinkADunk

It depends. If your connector comes with an arbor that is ment to have the shield wire pulled over and held in by screwing the back then you don't need to solder. Otherwise you do need to. With some connectors you can wire it either way (Shakespear). I usually use a fairly low watt iron for wiring recording studio connectors but the anntena connectors are a bit thicker an I like to get the heat to them quicker so I use a Weller Gun for soldering mine.