• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

riverrat56

delta hunter

hey, how long have you guys had permission from Mohr to hunt that field. Was planning on hunting it tonight and then again tomorrow,but you guys had to leave your dekes out there. mad.gif

I would have hunted in the dekes if I were you!! Or better yet, "KINDLY" move them out of the way. When more than one group has permission to hunt the same field it's very bad form to leave the dekes out while you are gone. That's a good way to get your dekes "KINDLY" stacked in fresh Cow sh--!

Don't want to cause problems or anything, I just think that the person that is more commited to that field should have more rights to hunt it. Giving that we where there this morning and hunted and so on. me and my friend have had crappy luck getting permission to hunt fields, and now we have permission from the owner to hunt a couple of his fields it just kind sucks to see someone leave dekes out, instead of first come first serve.

we're in the same boat with one of our spots...the guys leave their decoys out all year in the same field because they think this serves as a reservation of sorts--I think it is bush league because half the days they don't show up and it just wastes a field we would have had permission to hunt and confuses the geese in the area. Some people man...

wouldnt be the same as LEAVING A STAND ON PUBLIC PROPERTY anyone can use it or how does this differ??

Wade, I will follow you. lets go hunt in their dekes. Save our money for more shells for shooting sky carp.

Delta, didn't mean to cause any problems. We left the decoys out last night because it was raining and it didn't make sense to us to pick up all our decoys as we were also going to hunt that field this morning as we thought we were the only ones hunting there. I graduated with Mohr's kid and have had permission sense mid June to hunt any one of there fields. This is were the confusion and miss-communication comes in. Mohr gave me permission and then never mentioned it to his dad, and also said that sense we were going to hunt there he wasn't going to let anyone else in. Well he didn't tell his dad until just about a week ago. In that time his dad gave you guys permission to hunt there I'm guessing. So as far as we knew we were the only ones hunting the feilds. confused.gif. I will take part the blame as I should have made sure that his dad knew. Again by no means did we plan on causing any trouble and apolgize that we did!!

Delta we did not know that anyone else was going to be out there, when we talked to you last night we thought you were just cruising through, if you would have mentioned something we could have worked something out. After Mohr's son told us that someone else had permission he also said that they would only be hunting on opener and then during the week. Big misunderstanding I guess.

To everyone who said they would sit in there decoys or move them into some cow s*it..............grow up

riverrat56, If you are not the only person that has permission to hunt then it is a horrible thing to do to leave your decoys out. I would take that as a sign that you think you have more rights to the area than other people that also have permission to hunt there. I have seen this many times, and it often leads to the farmer not letting anyone hunt there becuase of guys that pull that kind of crap.

Now, if you honestly thought you were the only people with permission (which sounds like your case, sorry) than that's a different story. You thought you were okay leaving them out, and sounds like you guys worked it out which is good to see!

I guess I was a little harsh because the private land I hunt I know the farmers real well, and this has happened to me and the farmer has told me to go ahead and hunt in the decoys, or toss them along the fence line, or do whatever you want with them, they shouldn't have been left out there. And if they show up and have a problem, send them over to the barn, or up to the house and I'll take care of it.

Anyway, I didn't mean to come off as a bad azz, this topic just hit me as I have delt with this in the past. Usually if not worked out between the hunters it ends with a lost field for all. Farmers don't have the time in the fall for anything like that.

Farmers I know that have let others hunt as well would say the same as those Blackduck knows.

rat- how did you guys do Sun. night and monday. We didn't hunt sunday night, but did on Mon. on a field that just got pick monday and tues of last week. Didn't have any luck with the geese, but did see quite amount of ducks though, mostly greenheads shocked.gif Going to have to scout thursday and friday to figure out our next move. Otherwise there is only going to be two of us, so maybe if you guys want to hook up some where let me know! more callers and more guns, who knows what could happen!!!

I'll be going out sunday morning prolly with riverrat also, so if you wanna meet up let me know. We have 18 GHG fullbodies along with 3 dozen shells.

where are you guys going? we are planing on going to Mohr place sat morning pending on how scouting goes tomorrow? Don't use your shells at all, just use your full bodies and just put them in a line! Sounds weird but, that's how all the geese are doing when in fields around here!!

Im going fishing saterday, to hard to get up early after football sunday I don't know what we will be doing yet, will you guys hunt Mohr's that day as well, we can head some place else sunday we have other options.

I'm not entirly sure as to what we doing yet, if there is geese there we going to hunting it, or if a couple of the field that we have permission for are holding geese, I'll have to way out our options. Is it going to be just the two of you? Because the way the geese have been standing in the fields, the more hunters the better. The geese are just standing in a line aggressivly feeding. I know that Catmaster said he had some GHG fullbodies, well I have 6 GHG and 4 Final approach Lookers. I'm not going to use any of my shells. Just let me know, as to what you wanna do, if you just want to join us or do your own thing?

I'll be hunting mohrs sunday mornin prolly with riverrat or else alone so if your not there fine, or else we can hunt together.

Will be going out to Mohr's on sunday morning, probally leaving town at 5, so be to Mohr's about 5:40, maybe leave a little earlier from town, if you want to hunt together just leave a note on here and we can meet up by the hog barns. It will just be us to, we have 18 full bodies so 28 decoys should be plenty.

We were out this morning and got two, should've had more! We only used 18 decoys. The geese went straight back to the lake. So we'll see what happens tomorrow! We'll prbably head out their around 4- 4:30. Here is my cell number 217-7597, so if you guys want to talk details give me a call!!!!

Will just plan on meeting you out there, we can leave a little earlier so we can get there by 5:15 or so, Did you hunt the feild behind the hog barns? If your already setting decoys we will just come on out, btw my name is Nick and catmasters is Tom.

Sounds good guys, Yeah we did hunt that field but I got a good feeling their going to wanna land in there again tomorrow morning, since they went straight back to the lake! Oh yeah, I'm Josh and there will be 2 other guys coming to! One is my brother-in-law and a buddy of mine, both are new to goose hunting. They shot both of the geese today so at least they have shot one now. Well anyways, I'll see you guys in the morning, we drove out to the field right next to the south hog barn, must have been your guy's tracks from last weekend. Later

oh yeah, one more thing!! What style of GHG decoys do you guys have? (looker,feeders,active?) Just wondering so that I can figure out how to set a spread on paper tonight when I'm bored!

Hey guys, just wonder what you guys are planning on doing this weekend? Went this morning to check the fields, not thing so I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. I'm going to try and get permission on a couple of fields that have been chopped around clear to use this weekend of come duck hunting!

I won't be able to go out saterday morning, I have to go in and lift for football, not sure about Tom's plans for sunday....

Well you guys got my cell # or I'll talk to you guys on here Saturday, and see what is happening!!!

I'll prolly be going to mohrs tomorrow morning. There will probably be 3 of us. Did you hunt there today? Howd you do?

Do be honest, I wouldn't even waist your time at Mohr's place!!!! We only saw 4 geese all day! We hunted the morning and afternoon hunts, and there was nothing. we did leave my 10 decoys out there overnight in the one field. We are going to try it one more time and leave the field to sit for the next couple weeks! Were just going to go out there because, we didn't have the time to check out our other fields. I'm not giving you a line of crap, I'd seriously try some other field, there was pretty much nothing!!! Sorry Man, you could hunt with us, but I have a small spread out there and I can only occupy 2 maybe 3 hunters, and there is only 2 of us.

How'd you guys end up doing there today? Actually good thing we want to our other field we ended up knocking down 6 between the two of us. We had 2 pairs and two loners come right in. 1 pair came in right behind us never made a sound and we didn't see them till they were 5 ft in front of the pit. Surpraise they didn't flair as we were standing in the pit and talking. So that was kind of odd. But hey whatever it takes. smirk.gif

we ended up getting 1 loner, but that was all we saw. Went out again monday night, holy crap!! Tons of geese flying, but most of them were heading south. Oh yeah, for the most part we probably won't be hunting mohr's fields, because we got permission to get on Lake Omsrud. We might still hunt there every once and a while, but who knows. Its going to be really nice hunting there cause there is no pressure!! The way it sound is that me and the 2 others that hunt with me will be the only ones out there!!! Were going to go and check out the lake this weekend and see what the lake is all made up of!!

Just a heads up delta hunter, there is 2 other groups of people that hunt omsrud for ducks and geese, so you might have company