Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Roscoe16

Minnesota Waterfowl Banquet

1 post in this topic

The Hill River Chapter of the Minnesota Waterfowl Association is holding their 12th annual banquet on Saturday, September 9th, at 5:30 at Quadna Resort in Hill City. For more information please email hillrivermwa@yahoo.com

Thanks, Roscoe16

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• monstermoose78

Posted

8 hours ago, ZachD said:

if you ever need another shooter let me know I would be down to shoot with you

I am always up for bringing someone else with

• RoosterMan

Posted

Drove to Ely yesterday and there were some pockets of great color. I would definitely think next weekend would be worth the trip. 

1 person likes this
    • Cliff Wagenbach

Posted

I would say that we are about 1/4 into fall colors in this area.

Cliff

• How are things progressing friends as far as Fall colors? Thinking of coming up the week

Thanks

• Stick in Mud

Posted

We've done OK out there this year. Nothing special, but better for us than last year. 

Last time out, we found piles of fish in 60-70 feet. Caught a few, couldn't release them, and stopped fishing them.  Got a couple jig rapping shallower, got a few trolling, and got a few on spinners.  No one pattern got skunked, but nothing stood out, either.

• Stick in Mud

Posted

Sorry for the late response....I suspect not many folks are building skid houses these days. :)

Our houses have steel skids.  One had wood, but we changed them out. 

• if you ever need another shooter let me know I would be down to shoot with you

1 person likes this
    • FrazerBay

Posted

Like the food and like the menu. Like the fact there are places to eat on the lake and will continue to support them.

1 person likes this
    • delcecchi

Posted

Thanks, cigar guy.   Might check into it next year.  Or maybe not.   They always used to have some expensive entrees but we just ignored them.   

Even 12 for a burger is sort of high for the area, but the view is worth something.   Probably stay with the Crescent.   I don't see how there are enough tourists for the landing to make it. 

• jigginjim

Posted

I have put my guide clients on lots of pike this summer. So far largest bass is 21"- 5lbs  Pike 36" Approx. 8-9lbs, Walleye is 23 inches 3lbs. The walleyes will get better as the water cools. Time to start jigging, everything you got. I'm even started using my crankbaits.

• monstermoose78
      I am always up for bringing someone else with
    • RoosterMan
      Drove to Ely yesterday and there were some pockets of great color. I would definitely think next weekend would be worth the trip. 
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      I would say that we are about 1/4 into fall colors in this area. Cliff
    • PSU
      How are things progressing friends as far as Fall colors? Thinking of coming up the week Thanks  
    • Stick in Mud
      We've done OK out there this year. Nothing special, but better for us than last year.  Last time out, we found piles of fish in 60-70 feet. Caught a few, couldn't release them, and stopped fishing them.  Got a couple jig rapping shallower, got a few trolling, and got a few on spinners.  No one pattern got skunked, but nothing stood out, either.