Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
federline

Polar Sport bought by Clam Corp?!

6 posts in this topic

So I am getting the ice itch, and I hit the Polar Sport website, and at the bottom, it's all Clam Corp! Anyone have the inside track on what this means for Polar Sport?

Polar Sport was acquired by the Clam Corp last season... In conjunction with this acquisition, the new X trap series has been born... But, even so, there will still be a whole line up of Polar Sport trailers and tubs available...

I have seen the new brochure for Clam products that has the new units utilizing the Polar tub. It will be a new frame and cover, a very heavy duty unit.

I really like the Polar Sport houses except that that big lip on the tub wastes a lot of seat space. Otherwise these are well thought out houses.

Does anyone have a Clam Corp dealer catalog they could scan some X-Trap photos from and post them? From what I gather, this is the only released source fo info on them right now. Is the X-Trap essentially a Polar Sport flip over? Will they continue to be made in Buffalo?

It's basically an otter Wilderness sled with rounded poles and a fishtrap canvas. I know Clam's sleeper house (8x8) the floor is made by Otter.