• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Larger H2O Screen

Warbucks

Question

I have an H2O with the Lakemaster Minnesota chip. Absolutely incredible. However, is there another unit that takes the same chip that has a larger screen. Don't much care about cost at this stage of the game. My eyes are 126 years old (63 years each eye) and I have to put on my reading glasses to see some of the finer details.

3 answers to this question

I don't think there are any handhelds that have larger screens but Lowrance does make stand alone units that have 5 inch diagonal screens.

I'm not sure how well these work, but I have seen a magnafying lense that you can buy for I-Finder/H2O type units. It looks like it attaches to the ram that holds the unit (if you have one) and magnifies the image. It might be something to look into? It might not be worth it either, who knows. Just a thought.

No Lowrance handheld units that have a larger screen, you will have to move into Globalmap series.. You can make these units portable as well with a little work, and with the TFT screens you can even use them in colder temps, say for ice fishing. The 3500C is a 5 inch screened unit, that will run you $600.00 or so for the unit and external antenna. Or you can opt for the internal antenna type, the 3600C. This will eleviate having to buy the additional external antenna. But as of now, I am unsure if the problem of having a hard time to lock onto a signal with these types of units have been fixed.