• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Signs of Fall

Bobby Bass

Last night after I got off the water from fishing I had to turn the truck heater on to warm my hands. Sign of fall.

You sure you're not just experiencing the onset of maturity? smirk.gif

You are correct. I have noticed that I haven't been leaving all the windows in our house open all night lately either.

Bob

My bones creak year round. My neighbors Maple tree is already changing colors. It is always the first in the neighborhood to change but it ussaully isn't until mid to late September.

I saw alot of trees cahnging along 53 on my way up to Aurora today......when will the first frost be?

I haven't "smelled" fall yet down here in Southeast Minnesota, and there are only very subtle hints in the leaves. It's coming though...

Long strung out flocks of blackbirds lately and I saw my breath tonight along the river too. Some sumac is changing bright red here, and it's getting dark pretty early now also.

Highschool and college football started, school starts on tuesday... Great fishing should be right around the corner. Was out yesterday and got 17 bass in 2 hours. Largest was only 16 inches but still good numbers. Too bad for this rain or I'd be out right now.... mad.gif Fall... By far my favorite time of the year. hands down. smirk.gif

I was in Aurora Mn. today as well and also noticed lots of trees starting to change colors.

Soybeans and corn are starting to turn, and the sugar beet lifting has started. Pretty soon harvest will be in full swing. 45 degrees when I got up this morning.

We noticed as we were sitting around the fire pit tonight no bugs, no skeeters, no moths nothing...About time!!! Flickers are flying around and the weeds along the dirt roads are starting to die off..

While on my way to North Dakota this weekend I noticed a few had been in the sugar beats.The soybeans were really dropping thier leaves and the corn is ahead of schedule.I also saw some maples turning red and also the sumac.Also have seen alot of blackbird flocks and some sea gulls.

I am sure we will have some warmer weather yet but,signs of fall are here for sure.

whew just had the 11th annual three day end of summer event that our lake group throws each year. feeding between 100 and 145 people for dinner saturday nite and breakfast for 50 on sunday morning. to include eggs to order and biscuits and gravy and crepes. whooo hoooo killed off 8 kegs i think. already planning for next year. ... paul