Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
federline

2006 DNR Conservation License Plate Design Contest

68 posts in this topic

I just saw this - wouldn't it be nice if we got a FISH design for the third plate design?

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/contests/license_plate.html

If there are fish artists out there, I'd ask that they consider submitting entries for the contest. so I can change out my deer plate for a fish plate! :-)

I'd love top have a Smallmouth option....

Maybe i will put my graphic design/studio art degree to use and see if I can come up with something.

Id like to see a walleye one, that would be sweet if they would show like when it comes down to the top ten drawings.

Very cool, I currently have habitat plates.

In Mn. its walleyes and thats what I would like to see on Mn. plates. When people come to Mn. to go fishing they want walleye. A Muskie may not be bad though.

Sounds kinda fun I might give it a shot.

Not having the state fish (walleye for those who aren't sure) on the plates would be a travesty.

what would be wrong with a native brookie on a plate? they're a lot more colorful and pretty than a walleye. I think they taste better too tongue.gif

Also, a lot of their habitat is at risk in the SE due to current agricultural practices and development.

Quote:

what would be wrong with a native brookie on a plate?

Nothing at all!!!

May the best artist win! smile.gif

Randy, the only crummy thing about this contest is that I can't submit my brookie artwork as an entry since I'm on the ineligible list... frown.gif

I gave it a try and sent one in with the state fish on it...a walleye. Come on, if its a state plate it should have our state fish on it! Had to overnight it to make it there on time.

I think it turned out really well. If I make it into the finals I'll need you fellow FM'er friends to lend some support on the on-line poll.

Leech21,

would it be possible for you to post a picture of it? I am interested to see how it turned out. When is the online poll?

Here it is. It lookes a lot better in person then from a scan. The left side is cut off a little because it didn't completely fit into my scanner. Tell me what you guys think!

scan0007tk4.th.jpg

very cool. good luck

Very nice! If they didn't limit it to 5 characters, I'd get one in a second.

Very nice indeed!

Good luck!

Thanks for the complements fellas. The DNR sent me a letter saying that the final decision will be made towards the end of October.

Looking good! When it comes up for a vote let us know... I'll give ya my vote. Have a good one and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo

CHANCES ARE THAT IT WOULD BE THE STATE FISH, WALLEYE.

NO HOPE FOR A SMALLIE

The letter I got from the DNR said that the final judging will be between Oct 23-27.

Not in the top six...you can see the finalists on the MN DNR site

Sorry, I think yours is better than all of those Leech.

Not to offend anyone if they designed one of them......I think they all stink.

Is that a walleye jumping out of the water???

I hope that's not supposed to be a Great Blue Heron, if so, it's the wrong color.

The Moose design is almost identical to the previous deer one.

ok that's enough negativity.

Sorry you didn't make it Leech frown.gif

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/contests/critical_habitat.html

I agree but since there has been a lot of hype about the timberwolf over the years, I have to admit that is a pretty cool design.