Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hunterlaker

Back from Pakashkan lake

6 posts in this topic

We have returned... one word..AWESOME!

fishing was great, lots of 17's-18's and a few "big" ones.

the accomadations are really nice and the staff helpfull

we caught fish just about everywhere we went, but you got to watch for rocks since the water is low, just a couple of slight damage to skags, but not bad.

I was up there the first week of August. Just like you alot of 17-20 inch fish.Some big northerns also. That logging road can be a real treat, only one flat going in and none coming out luckily. We rough it, we camp, but have talked more about staying at the lodge as we are all getting older.

yah , that road is a real treat,,logs everywhere! we had to stop several times to move them out of the way, no flats..just broken teeth!! the cabins are pretty nice we had the big one off to the right up the hill.

We're planning the last week of September. Was wondering if it's worthwhile to bring a canoe? Also, is it as dry as N. Minnesota, we were hoping to do some shore lunches. Hoping to get my daughter into a 15lb Northern, or are we talking a lot of 5-10 pounders? Any info (or advice) would be appreciated.

Thanks

Its a big lake,,I'm not a fan of canoe's. we were mainley fishing up the lake a ways. make sure you bring everything you may need as there is no place to get anything unless you want to go back down the road from !@#@!#. the reef rihgt up form the resort was a good spot when the wind died down. there was guys fishing the shore right across from the resort and were doing pretty good, just ask around, you will get all the info you want.

Hey Just Hooked: Welcome to FM. I see you've been not only hooked but landed. Good to see you here. Lots of info to get and give. grin.gif