Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MuskyBug85

Long This Morning

8 posts in this topic

It was a great morning on long, figured out a way to catch those big walleyes i always see suspended over deep water. i borrowed a trick the PWTers use when faced with walleyes in deep water near schools of bait. i spooled up a trolling rod with lead core line and put about 20 feet floro on the end with a spinner rig and crawler/redtail combo on them. it was a solo mission this morning so i didnt get any picts but i did end up with 2 26", 1 28", and one 30 1/2" using this technique. it was a blast to try somthing new and have it work. JOnah

Wow great morning it sounds like. You working this weekend Jonah?

yeah afternoon hour, have to kill some geese inthe mornings. Jonah

congrats on your catch, is your dad going to fish the tourney the 9th? if so he should have 1st place hands down if you are catching eyes like that now. you will have to give a report on how his does.

he wont fish that way, he is fishing the tourny but he tells me its not his thing and wont do it.. so i guess he is going to stick to weed lines and classic patterns. owell his loss. good luck to all who fish it. JOnah

i don't know but with a 4,000 dallar first prize i think i would switch, everybody prefishes for a tourney to find out where they are and what they are biting on otherwise its really a donate your money and say boy that was fun. i know alot of guys and they would switch knowing that you caught them 4 big eyes on your new method especially this close to the tourney, but i guess thats why they call it fishing. this is my 2 cents worth

Hey Muskybug you talk about redtail/crawler combo..Do you put both on the harness at the same time?

no sorry i wasnt clear on that. only one at a time but i had luck with both options. Jonah