Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AF-1984

Star Lake

4 posts in this topic

Heading up for the labor day weekend. Had good luck there last year, just wondering if there are any fish to be found?

I have not heard much about Star since this spring. We did ok in the arm in June. I have not done a lot of fishing in the fall at Star, but I will keep my ears open. I have heard that it is a better spring lake than fall lake. That was just one guy's opinion.

Let us know how you did.

Did you post in the Ottertail forum -- they may have a better idea.

This is a little late, but Star has picked up a bit in the recent past... it gets REALLY tough to pick up walleyes on Star during the mid-summer heat. We were out the past two weekends and did considerably better than we have been doing. We picked up about 12 keepers in about 6 hours of fishing the last few times we were out. I have only fished one spot, so I don't know how the "lake" is producing, but if you fish the NE edge of the huge structure in the middle of the lake in about 23-28 fow, that is where we picked up our fish. Leeches and crawlers worked equally well and we didn't even try minnows? Spinners and jigs seemed to also do equally well?

Have been doing alright out on Star ourselves the last couple of weekends. Leeches were working and went to shiners

last weekend and the fish hit them pretty hard. Fish were also in the 18-22 ft depth.