• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Everyone realize the new tagging law for deer this year??

Mark Christianson

NEW THIS YEAR

The animal may be moved from the kill site by dragging, carrying,

or carting to a motor vehicle or camp without being tagged, provided

the validated tag is in the possession of the person moving

the animal. At all other times the validated tag must be attached

to the animal.

Quote:

The key thing to remember here is to be sure to validate the tag at the kill site.

Bob

There's also a validation box on the actual license that needs to be notched, which is new this year. It's noted in the regs. book.

wonder if they had complaints after changing the tag to a less secure design so now you can drag without fear of it ripping off in the woods?

Quote:

There's also a validation box on the actual license that needs to be notched, which is new this year.

So why was that added?? How many people do you think will pick that up in the regs when they're reading thru the 40+ pages of deer regs? Why make it more confusing??!

My guess and its just a total guess, but I would bet it has something to do with there ultra cheap tags that fall off if you drag them anywhere and people losing their tags because of it.

Quote:

My guess and its just a total guess, but I would bet it has something to do with there ultra cheap tags that fall off if you drag them anywhere and people losing their tags because of it.

There were complaints long before the change from sticky tags. In fact, if you bring a ziptie and use it to wrap the tag they work better than the sticky backs.

Quote:

Quote:

There's also a validation box on the actual license that needs to be notched, which is new this year.

So why was that added?? How many people do you think will pick that up in the regs when they're reading thru the 40+ pages of deer regs? Why make it more confusing??!

Simple answer ... cheating. People were registering deer and then reusing their licenses. By validating the license you can't do that anymore. I know it sounds silly but it happens.

My thinking was that if you validate the tag by cutting out the date and AM/PM notches, it couldn't be reused. I guess maybe on the same day it could be. Guess I'll have to go home and look at my licence to clarify this. And look at the regs and reread the 'whats new this year' part!!