Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LunkerBaitCo

Boat Lift Removal

6 posts in this topic

I am on the East end. Who would you recommend and how much should I expect to pay...would like to have the boat lift lifted out and stored as our shore line is pretty steep. Thanks in advance for your help.

Go to lakevermilion(dot)com and look for Lakeshore Services, there should be a couple of barge services listed there.

Or eat more Wheaties.

grin.gif

I have found that it is pretty easy to do yourself using a cable and comealong. I attach the cable ends to the 2 legs nearest shore, and then pull in the center, being careful not to get hung up & bend the legs. The closer you pull to the bottom the better.

Otherwise there are dock services in the area that will do it for you.

I have used Eagle Docks for the last 14 years. They just sold the business to a new owner and I am hopeful that he will be as reliable and dependable as the previous owner. My last few bills have been $85. for fall removal and then another $85 for Spring install.

Keep your hook sharp, Tommy Tadpole

He will be. His name is Eric Olson and he's a great kid. Give him a chance.....

I recieved a letter from Wally (the old owner) thanking me for my business and recommending the new owner. The new owner also sent a letter and I am looking forward to many more years of great service from him. Thanks for the "nod" on the new guy and best of luck to him.

Bobber down, Tommy Tadpole