Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Kevin Turner

New Bait

Kevin Turner

I had to test a boat install today...Soo, on my way out the door I grabbed a spinning rod, Texas rigged with a 4" motor oil tube.

Quickly caught three smallies but, lost my only tube. I found a thick, black, rubber band from the depth finder I'd just installed.

I Rigged the rubber band much like a tube (Lazer Sharp 2-0 keeper hook / 1/4 oz steel bullet) and caught four more smallies B4 mister sharp teeth bit me off.....

Shows to go ya....When they're hungry, they'll eat 'bout anything....lol

EBass

There was no mention of the rubber band lure in your article tongue.gif

Wiskers

See Kevin, I can catch Bass too.. shocked.gif

I have been switching to floating jigs tipped with a leach and a split shot up about a foot. Just before the jig I put on about 3 small beeds then a walleye blade. Has been working great as you can see. Got about 20-30 smallies in just a few hours. Man that was fun. grin.gif

192810.jpg

192800.jpg

191106.jpg

190153.jpg

Mark Christianson

Nice try Rusty.

Its obvious thats the same 12 inch bass in all the pics.... grin.gif

Kevin Turner

LOL....Smile dude, you look like a cop. KT

Wiskers

See there were more.. I just took some pics. I had to draw a line in the sand so I could stand in the same spot and be in the frame.. Camera was on a tripod with remote in my hand.. Hense the same poses.. LOL... I got tired of taking pics, they were all the same.. LOL...

194455.jpg

195340.jpg

202907.jpg

Royce Aardahl

Looks like a lot of work just to catch bait. wink.gif

Wiskers

I hear ya.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• IceHawk
      Electrical tape for me nice and smooth. If your worried about the residue at the end of the season a little tip is rub  toothpaste on the cork work it around then wash in water.  Cleans them up takes the scum off and they look good as new when done. 
    • IceHawk
      I broke a bunch also at first  my bear paws just squeeze a little to hard! You definitely need to be carefull when putting them on to much pressure and another one bites the dust. Great bobber and concept can be used for a slip or fixed bobber just a little fragile. 
    • IceHawk
      Some good sticks there!
    • IceHawk
      Looks good Royce hopefully you can put it to good use soon. The ice is sure getting thick if it keeps up I will be ordering a extension for my K drill soon or bring out the  StrikeMaster and extension. 
    • IceHawk
    • eyeguy 54
      will be there with camera to get pics.  
    • eyeguy 54
      thanks Matt and thanks Clam! 
    • Tom Sawyer
    • Matt Johnson
      Looks like I need to resurrect this one... sorry for the long delay...  It's been a whirlwind of a winter already. A couple dozen guide trips in the books and over a dozen different lakes across the Metro and surrounding areas.  Chisago... to Minnetonka... to Clearwater... to Prior... to Big Marine... and other places in between. The good news:  we have good ice and the season is definitely in full-swing!  It's making up for past years! That being said... big word of the day... WEEDS, WEEDS, WEEDS!!!  The biggest fish are constantly coming out of the weeds.  Sure there are numbers out deeper and throughout the basins, but if you want to consistently catch big Metro fish (panfish) then focus on the weeds.  Even larger walleyes are coming from the weeds.  Spend some time with the underwater camera and/or sight-fishing... force yourself to get out of your comfort zone and fish in the weeds (if you don't already).  Also turn to plastics instead of live-bait.  These few ARE feeding, they are not dormant.  Fish plastics and get after 'em! I've spent most of my time targeting fish in less than 20 feet of water.  You basin bite is holding fish during low-light though, so if you're going to hunker-down over a deeper pod of fish then make sure the focal point is sunrise and sunset, otherwise chase-down the shallow fish during the day and stay moving until you find biting fish.  Our best bites are mid-day in the weeds... or those first couple hours after sunrise on some lakes.  Haven't had to focus on the night-bite a whole lot, but if that's your window of fishing then definitely go for it--you'll still get bit! The tip-ups have been a little quite lately. Haven't put a ton of time into them, but they haven't been flying much. A handful of small pike, that's about it. Might need to go on a tip-up excursion soon though! Hopefully everyone is out enjoying the season! Good luck, be safe, and have fun!  
    • Matt Johnson
      Here are a few of the results from the event on Big Marine Lake...   1st Place - Ryan Sorenson/Mitch Bradshaw (8.42 pounds) 2nd Place - Mike Raetz/Travis Kratcha (8.395 pounds) 3rd Place - Stuart Manning/Michael Thompson (8.3 pounds) 4th Place - Matt Milbrandt/Evan Ficek (8.205 pounds) 5th Place - Justin Hammer/Joe Mann (8.085 pounds) Big Fish - Travis Adams/Bill Shelton (1.3 pound Crappie)   For a complete list of the results... Big Marine Results - CLICK HERE Also check out the UPL Facebook page for more photos from the event... UPL Facebook Page - CLICK HERE   Awesome job to all of the teams!!
  • Share & Have Fun