Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
blue_healer_guy

Baby Jesus

blue_healer_guy

Ok, I realize he will probably win the batting title, good overall defensive catcher, good eye at the plate, calls a good game etc. But, the guy has been a bum the last 2 weeks when we need him. He says he's tired. Tell that to Carlton Fisk, Johnny Bench, Ivan Rodriquez etc. I tell you what, you walk my mail route 9 miles a day for a week and I'll gladly trade with you.

He's a Mn boy and gets away with sympathy. He'll play around 125 games or so at catcher, yeah bum knee, but the kid is only 23. He is the 4th best player on our team- Nathan, Cuddy, Morneau. start producing, he's a good 2 or 6 hitter and that's it. Done.

SledNeck

are you okay, man?

Reynolds

I would say Mauer has been struggling for more than two weeks. I would say for over a month. I can only think of one time as of late when he had a multiple hit game. I think that was last week when he was 3-5 with 4rbi's.

harvey lee

Playoff pressure boys.

nofishfisherman

There is a reason that it has been like 60 years since a catcher has won the batting title. Catcher is the most demanding position on the field, you take a beating and it tires you out over 162 games.

The next time someone who is hitting .355 is called a bum I might just lose it. Get a clue, so he had a bad stretch of games, every single player in MLB has a bad stretch thats why no one else is any where near Mauers average right now. You guys are dang hard to please aren't you. Are you only happy if he hits .400 with 50 HR's and 200 RBI's? Or will .350 and leading the majors in average be good enough for you?

Bobby Bass

When call up's come it looks like the Twins will be adding a 3rd catcher, He will get a rest then, I think he will doing a little more DHing then. I agree he is doing a fine job at a very demanding position. Has MN ever had a catcher with anything close to his numbers?

iland99

Did Mitty get a new screen name or something??

nofishfisherman

Quote:

Has MN ever had a catcher with anything close to his numbers?

Only a few teams in all of baseball have ever had a catcher with his kind of numbers.

buzzsaw

Whiskey water is a flowin' in Waterville. grin.gif

fishyguy

Quote:

Ok, I realize he will probably win the batting title, good overall defensive catcher, good eye at the plate, calls a good game etc. But, the guy has been a bum the last 2 weeks when we need him. He says he's tired. Tell that to Carlton Fisk, Johnny Bench, Ivan Rodriquez etc. I tell you what, you walk my mail route 9 miles a day for a week and I'll gladly trade with you.

He's a Mn boy and gets away with sympathy. He'll play around 125 games or so at catcher, yeah bum knee, but the kid is only 23. He is the 4th best player on our team- Nathan, Cuddy, Morneau. start producing, he's a good 2 or 6 hitter and that's it. Done.

Ask Fisk, Pudge or Bench if they ever had a slump. The answer would be yes. Now ask them, if they were ever batting .355 during said slump. The answer would be no.

I am sure your job is demanding. But next summer when it is about 90 degrees go stand out in the sun and put on a platic helmet, mask, chest protector, and shin guards. Squat up and down for 3 hours, and about every 15 squats or so take a 90 mph fastball of your arm, mask, or thigh. During those three hours you must sprint to back up first base about 20 times. Plus do a couple of wind sprints for each at bat.

After you have done all this ask youself if you are tired. Done.

genegodawa

You can please some of the people some of the time.....

Team Game --- he doesn't win 'em by hisself, he doesn't lose 'em.

Wait a minute, why are we even responding?

MJGROSE, are you a Twins fan?

Stratosman

Am I dumb... what does baby Jesus mean anyway?

nofishfisherman

I am guessing it refers to Mauer being the Twins savior. Its a bit of a stretch if you ask me. As soon as I see Mauer walking on water and turning water into wine I'll let you all know.

Right now all Mauer can do is hit .350 which is good but I think Jesus could atleast hit .400 if he really tried.

Bobby Bass

Ya but Mauer has sideburns day!

nofishfisherman

Jesus has Easter and Christmas.

Spinner1

Twins should trade Mauer to another team for a better hitting catcher. Oh wait ....... I guess there aren't any. I was rather surprised to find a thread like this on what basically amounts to a Twins fan forum. confused.gif

nofishfisherman

The way it works is one guy posts some ridiculously stupid comment about how bad Mauer is and then we never hear from him again. What happened is he probably saw one bad play and then over reacts and comes here to post his disgust with Mauer, either that or he is a white sox fan and is trying to anger us twins fans. If that is the case you can't help but feel bad for the guy since he will spend the rest of his life being wrong.

juggs

I think someone is cranky because the Twins have lost two in a row to KC. Four words--best catcher in baseball. 'Nuff said.

nofishfisherman

Maybe he just needs a nice glass of juice and a nap. That always makes you feel better.

Bobby Bass

NO a nice glass of Milk!

genegodawa

maybe a hug from his mommy????

PierBridge

I understand his frustration.......he's slumping bigtime.......Harvey may be on to something..... shocked.gif

I prefer a more neutral monikor like "The Chosen One" or "The GoldenBoy"........ grin.gif

buzzsaw

I heard they might trade him for the rights to Junior Ortiz! shocked.gif

Mitty

Watch it Pete

genegodawa

Why get anybody with Redmond around....3-4 today, Twins win Mauer DNP - coinkydink? I think not, nyuk nyuk.

Tigers lose. Now if only TB can untie their game against the WSox it'll be a good day again for Minn faithful.............